Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Morning Pondites.

Ravyn, glad you found Popsicle. I had something similar to that happen to me twice this year with chicks. Both times it was young chicks (under 2 weeks old) that spent a night outside by themselves with temps dipping down around 50. They both surprised me by showing back up the next morning.

If Ravyn can perfect those chicken pellets, maybe we can mail some!  :gig

Those would be much easier to smuggle across the country :gig

Thanks, Walnut. You guys don't realise how fortunate you are, in terms of being able to source breeds - its a nightmare here / impossible. If anyone's coming to Kenya on safari, then please bring a nice variety of birds with you :)
if I ever find myself able to afford that I will smuggle you a bunch of chickens :oops:

If I could afford a safari, I'd be on it!!!

Btw, I heard a golf bag makes a great egg carrier... :gig

:eek:. I don't think I would want to get caught with a golf bag full of eggs going out of the country

Are you kidding???

Shade's mom flipped out about 1 brooder of chicks in the house last year... kept saying we needed to get the animals out of the house... when she asked if they were out yet, I said yep... with a straight face... didn't mention 3 other brooders going by then! :gig

And this coming from the lady that bred parakeets in her basement and had 300 at one time... :th

300? :th

Guess who needs to clean her incubator and figure out where to brood chicks after New Years? :gig

Rav?, WV? ;)  What you planning on hatching? 
x 3. Josh suddenly trying to protest because he thinks I'm going to put 300 eggs in incubator :gig

Good morning Chaos! I'll catch up on the thread later.
Morning OZ. How are things down south?

Morning all! I'll catch up later too. Overslept a little. I put my heated mattress pad back on the bed, now I don't want to get out of it!
big_smile.png
Morning WV. How goes it?

x 3. Josh suddenly trying to protest because he thinks I'm going to put 300 eggs in incubator
gig.gif
Morning Mini. Tell him it'll only be 250.

Back
Top Bottom