Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Dang, we don't get that big a spread over the entire year here! (California, yes, Crescent City, no...)

Morning friends! We got teased yesterday with a weird, warm day. 60ish has dropped to 35 already. Heading to 19 tonight. I sure hope momma Sara is big enough to keep the 6 babies warm outside.

frow.gif

We are currently sitting at 17 degrees. We were forecast for wind that would bring it down even further but no wind currently. Hopefully they don't show. Everyone seems to be handling it fine. I will just be carrying water today as we are not supposed to get above freezing. Since we have only a few days that stay below freezing, I don't have any heated water options in play. Just rubber pans and metal waterers so that they don't break when they freeze.

:frow

We are currently sitting at 17 degrees.  We were forecast for wind that would bring it down even further but no wind currently.  Hopefully they don't show.  Everyone seems to be handling it fine.  I will just be carrying water today as we are not supposed to get above freezing.  Since we have only a few days that stay below freezing, I don't have any heated water options in play.  Just rubber pans and metal waterers so that they don't break when they freeze.

It's 64' here now. Climbing to '69 later. I'm a water carrier, too. Only one heated waterer.

It's 64' here now. Climbing to '69 later. I'm a water carrier, too. Only one heated waterer.
Yep, I already made rounds at first light. I'll go again after we get back from early Church. I keep a stick by the alpaca water trough and carry a jug of water that I keep in the house to "top off" the chicken pans. The llamas are on their own with going to the pond. It has a thin sheen of ice around the edge so they can break through easy. If it stays cold long I'll be down there with a sledge hammer I guess. Haven't had to do that yet.
fl.gif

Yep, I already made rounds at first light.  I'll go again after we get back from early Church.  I keep a stick by the alpaca water trough and carry a jug of water that I keep in the house to "top off" the chicken pans.  The llamas are on their own with going to the pond.  It has a thin sheen of ice around the edge so they can break through easy.  If it stays cold long I'll be down there with a sledge hammer I guess.  Haven't had to do that yet. :fl

We had to break our pond one year. Tied a chain around a cinder block and threw it! Fun fun. Lol!

Morning all
frow.gif
hugs.gif
Weird morning. I always fall asleep to the same tv shows. This morning I woke up to some woman singing the most beautiful version of "Oh Holy Night"-my moms favorite Christmas song. The a couple religious shows came. on. I will usually only listen to Joyce Meyers but I couldn't find the remote and didn't want to wake Bill so I sat and listened as I checked my computer. I heard 2 very important messages-one of how God's plan isn't always ours and how he uses insignificant people and moments to bless others and a message on leaving old baggage behind and offer forgiveness. I have had a rough end to the year but have been through much worse and have made it through stronger and better. I have to remember and trust this and wait patiently know that everything is as it should be
love.gif

Ok-now on a lighter note.... Nothing like waking up to a pic of Phil's wiener!!!!
lau.gif
Better trim it up Phil or that hair is gonna get all matted up and give you snow balls!!!
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom