Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Don't ask me how I know but shipping 1 day shouldn't be too bad in cost :oops:  same for downsizing :th  @WVduckchick
 that black pullet has a little back but the legs are yellow with a tinge of black-fro what I hear that is acceptable. If you are looking into breeding for the ABA/APA hopefully new acceptance of black and exchequer for cage, she might be a nice new little addition if you have a nice black roo with a short back. I was doing double takes of them in the pics-she may grow into her back more too! @minihorse927
  the girl has a nice chest and the boy has really long yellow legs. Where are you? If you're in Ohio, maybe I can get my friend Jeremy at take a road trip and meet ya half way. Then you can grab some for @Chaos18
I'm in southern ohio,about 45 minutes from KY. Have to get josh to agree to a roadtrip

I'm in southern ohio,about 45 minutes from KY. Have to get josh to agree to a roadtrip
thumbsup.gif
Just let me know. Otherwise they are definitely old enough to ship safely. I have a bunch more-I just have to get Jeremy over here again to help me sort through them. Its hard to do 1 handed.
he.gif

I've also got a silkie in there- way too many birds!!! I need to start doing my cuts earlier when the weather breaks here and its safer to ship them smaller. I decided I can't cull just to cull. they are nice birds and will make great pets or starter flocks for somebody. If they are injured or unhealthy looking-thats a different story. I dont try to fix the toes or legs on them or assist with hatching anymore and the lethal gene takes care of what would be culls. Just too many birds... I may have to give the incubators a break after this hatch!
hide.gif

Don't ask me how I know but shipping 1 day shouldn't be too bad in cost :oops:  same for downsizing :th  @WVduckchick
 that black pullet has a little back but the legs are yellow with a tinge of black-fro what I hear that is acceptable. If you are looking into breeding for the ABA/APA hopefully new acceptance of black and exchequer for cage, she might be a nice new little addition if you have a nice black roo with a short back. I was doing double takes of them in the pics-she may grow into her back more too! @minihorse927
  the girl has a nice chest and the boy has really long yellow legs. Where are you? If you're in Ohio, maybe I can get my friend Jeremy at take a road trip and meet ya half way. Then you can grab some for @Chaos18

Thanks, I don't want to show them, but I do want nice pet quality breeders. After reading the proposed black sop, reviewing pics, and looking at mine again, mine have potential than I thought. My whites are nice too, if I find the right males. Didn't get any solids in this latest hatch, except for the booted guy. My exchequer girl looks better every day too, as she grows up. I'm anxious to see how the new ones develop too.

:thumbsup  Just let me know. Otherwise they are definitely old enough to ship safely. I have a bunch more-I just have to get Jeremy over here again to help me sort through them. Its hard to do 1 handed. :he
I've also got a silkie in there- way too many birds!!! I need to start doing my cuts earlier when the weather breaks here and its safer to ship them smaller. I decided I can't cull just to cull. they are nice birds and will make great pets or starter flocks for somebody. If they are injured or unhealthy looking-thats a different story. I dont try to fix the toes or legs on them or assist with hatching anymore and the lethal gene takes care of what would be culls. Just too many birds...  I may have to give the incubators a break after this hatch! :oops:

I have more breeds to deal with, so I can't allow myself get overloaded like that. I may not become an expert on any one single breed, but for my purposes, I'm doing what I can.

I have more breeds to deal with, so I can't allow myself get overloaded like that. I may not become an expert on any one single breed, but for my purposes, I'm doing what I can.
Chicken math gets me every time! I like my layers but I don't care too much about SOP on them as long as they are happy, healthy and friendly. I am in deep with my seramas. i love the shows and my serama friends. i haven't had a hobby since I used to do photography and the seramas are just that for me.
love.gif
There's something that gets me about trying to breed that perfect bird and I love tabletop! Far from being an expert and not sure if I ever want to get there-too many politics at the top
th.gif

I know, but some people don't like that term, so I didn't use it.

I forgot you saw all that too... :/

It is what it is... anymore I feel there is no way to please everyone... :confused:

No! Always wanted some
:plbb I never said that
1f47c.png

:lau

Oh, there was an uproar a while back... drama, ya know?

There are days, Lord there are days.

Sometimes assignments are credit/no credit. Some days DH and I read the essays aloud to each other and laugh our asses off. This time isn't AS bad since it was a writing final and I don't have to mark them up.

I'm walking into the Bowels of Hell...Otherwise known as Walmart. If you'all don't hear from me for 8 hours, send in the SWAT Team. Or, "send in the clowns." Whichever.

And, WV...Don't be sending my cold and snow elsewhere. You know what a Viking I am. I'm feeling pretty cheated with this 40 degrees in December.

:fl

Good luck! Make sure you wear proper attire... PJ's or low hangers... :lau

I forgot you saw all that too... :/

It is what it is... anymore I feel there is no way to please everyone... :confused:
Oh, there was an uproar a while back... drama, ya know?
:fl

Good luck! Make sure you wear proper attire... PJ's or low hangers... :lau

That's why I stick close to the pond. More filling, less bitter.

PJ's - excellent advice! Especially for that particular store :lau

Chicken math gets me every time! I like my layers but I don't care too much about SOP on them as long as they are happy, healthy and friendly. I am in deep with my seramas. i love the shows and my serama friends. i haven't had a hobby since I used to do photography and the seramas are just that for me. :love  There's something that gets me about trying to breed that perfect bird and I love tabletop!  Far from being an expert and not sure if I ever want to get there-too many politics at the top :th

I love the seramas, but I walk into my OEGB pen and love them too! Then go to the cochin pen, and they are my favs. The lav orps make the most moolah for me, and get the least attention, but I love them too!! And my layers... and new project possibilities... plus remember I also have ducks!! So I know all about the math. I'm at the calculus point already.

But I do predict you are headed for the politics. That's what happens when you jump in up to your eyebrows. :gig

Back
Top Bottom