Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

I'd stay indoors for at least another 24 hours if i were you. Good to hear that your Seramas are getting out and about in that weather. 

Wish I could stay home this weekend, but have to go to work today, and possibly even tomorrow! Plus a run to camp. Hope my ducks have kept their pond open. (see I have 2 ponds to worry about getting closed down) :gig

Chickens are slower getting moving this morning, but the seramas are all out. Those little ones are heartier than some folks give them credit for!

I just peeked out the door, and decided waiting a little longer sounds much better to me too.

Better make that 2 be delay a 4 he delay.

I'm still kicking Chaos..... By sin beats a little slower these days ....but that's just to slow everyone else down so I can catch up .
Glad to hear you're still kicking. Since ice fishing was canceled yesterday have you rescheduled it?

The meaties and 8 week olds are still in the brooder. I'm planning on moving them to the grow-out pen early next week (just need to move my 4 month old pullets to the main coop beforehand). 

Not sure whether to continue keeping the meaties and tiddlers together in the grow-out coop. Of course, the meaties are gonna be a lot bigger than the young ones very soon. I usually keep the coop door open and propped up so its horizontal, and i was thinking of putting a feeder up there for the young ones, if things get a bit hectic as the meaties grow. The meaties will not be able to fly 2.5 feet to get to the coop.

Any thoughts anyone?

ETA: I do have an additional, rather ramshackle run that i could put the meaties in, but I'm not as confident about it being predator proof as the other one.
I would think that if the littles have access to food and a place They can go to get away from the meaties that they should be alright in the same run. Just be prepared for an overabundance of chick chit.

Better make that 2 be delay a 4 he delay.
Glad to hear you're still kicking. Since ice fishing was canceled yesterday have you rescheduled it?
I might just go out today by myself.. I just really like to fish with others. Or I might wait till tomorrow when it is supposed to warm up. It's not really a big deal I live just a short drive (or walk) from little lake. By warm up i mean 5

Last edited:
I might just go out today by myself.. I just really like to fish with others. Or I might wait till tomorrow when it is supposed to warm up. It's not really a big deal I live just a short drive (or walk) from little lake. By warm up i mean 5
Well if you head out tody, good luck. I suppose 5 would feel like it's warming up if it's been -10 :D

The thing about cold is..... You really do get used to it. When you live here above zero is tolerable. A 20 degree day is down right nice.

My buddy Dylan got a nice Little lake walleye yesterday... If I'd known he was going out i would have just parked my shack next to his.

The thing about cold is..... You really do get used to it. When you live here above zero is tolerable. A 20 degree day is down right nice.

My buddy Dylan got a nice Little lake walleye yesterday... If I'd known he was going out i would have just parked my shack next to his.
Yea I know what you mean about getting used to the cold like that. That's a nice catch.

Kind of like some of you all get used to the heat..... To a point. With cold it's a matter of dressing with quality warm clothing. My favorite was my Military arctic clothing. With my parka and bunny boots I can go out fishing in 25 below and be totally comfortable. My friends get amazed about my ability to not wear gloves either. For some reason my hands don't really get cold (unless I touch metal)

Back
Top Bottom