Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Why not? - keeps people guessing.
wink.png

@RavynFallen and anyone else who cares.. Putting my drake back in the pen with the momma and the ducklings did not go well this evening. They seemed fine with him outside the pen. She seemed to miss him, so I let him in. I stayed close, and it wasn't long before it was apparent that he really, REALLY missed her too! Like 6-weeks-without-has-been-long-enough kind of missing her.... If ya get my drift :gig

I quickly grabbed him and got him back out of there.

Poor Dragon Juice... and traumatized kiddos... :gig

:hugs Hi Friday  no we are going to start next year . We hope they move closer to home or even build a house here . She is taking gymnastics this summer. Can't go watch tomorrow but maybe next week. Out to shoot rats not many left though . :frow don't know what I'll feed the possum then:idunno

Just don't feed it any of my Am's and it's all good... :hugs :hugs

My girls were in gymnastics, then circus. They liked gymnastics and it gave them a good base, but they loved circus.  High wire, ribbons, clowns, unicycle, acro, handbalancing.  Of course, I got really good at helping the guys with the rigging and being a spotter, in case someone started to fall.

It was a lot of work, but we had so much fun.  

That is awesome... I wanted to do that for mine too...

I get distracted and ya'll have a party... and leave without cleaning up the mess before I get here... :plbb

Anyways, I put my oversized Call drake that I can't breed but don't want to get rid of since he's really sweet and from my first hatch in with my 2 Rouen/Mallard mixed ducks... the sisters decided to sit, so I just left them to see if they would be successful...

Pepper turned psycho and ate most of her eggs, she now has ping pong balls... Salt has been sitting and doing a super job... figured we still had a few days, and was going to move her and her nest tomorrow into a secure spot... while refreshing their water this evening, I turn around and see this...

So tonight turned into an emergency move since the drake decided he was gonna get into the nest... turned out to be a much easier move than I expected... I got her calmed down to listen to her babies and she walked into the kennel as pretty as you please... Salt had 5 hatched by then and a couple more to go...

I get distracted and ya'll have a party... and leave without cleaning up the mess before I get here...
tongue2.gif

Anyways, I put my oversized Call drake that I can't breed but don't want to get rid of since he's really sweet and from my first hatch in with my 2 Rouen/Mallard mixed ducks... the sisters decided to sit, so I just left them to see if they would be successful...

Pepper turned psycho and ate most of her eggs, she now has ping pong balls... Salt has been sitting and doing a super job... figured we still had a few days, and was going to move her and her nest tomorrow into a secure spot... while refreshing their water this evening, I turn around and see this...

So tonight turned into an emergency move since the drake decided he was gonna get into the nest... turned out to be a much easier move than I expected... I got her calmed down to listen to her babies and she walked into the kennel as pretty as you please... Salt had 5 hatched by then and a couple more to go...

Top job, Rav - she's earning her keep for ya!

Top job, Rav - she's earning her keep for ya! 

All the credit goes to Salt, lol... haven't gotten all our pens covered yet so I let a couple overgrow with weeds... she sat the entire time just camouflaged in them... looks like she's gonna be a good mama too, so she'll upgrade to surrogate Call mama next time... :D

I get distracted and ya'll have a party... and leave without cleaning up the mess before I get here... :plbb

Sooooo sweet. Great job Salt! And little drake gets some credit too! :D sorry about Pepper though.

Back
Top Bottom