Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

I got blue eggs being laid everywhere, lol... took my last tailed Araucanas to the auction today, most of Apollo's first generation of daughters are laying now and need to go in with him... lots of rumpless, double tufted girls... can't wait to see F2!!
Hope they sell well
fl.gif

It's the waiting thats the killer! All of my other pullets have started to lay (7) and they are laying ivory / almost white eggs so i may (assuming my little fella is carrying the right genes) get some blue egg layers outta them (or at least green, which is fine). I gave my other little fella away - the deal is that if he throws blue egg layers, she gives me some eggs, or vice versa. I kinda figured it was a good way to try and cover the bases in terms of getting the best chance of the blue egg laying gene from them.

Hope they sell well :fl

It's the waiting thats the killer! All of my other pullets have started to lay (7) and they are laying ivory / almost white eggs so i may (assuming my little fella is carrying the right genes) get some blue egg layers outta them (or at least green, which is fine). I gave my other little fella away - the deal is that if he throws blue egg layers, she gives me some eggs, or vice versa. I kinda figured it was a good way to try and cover the bases in terms of getting the best chance of the blue egg laying gene from them. 

Nice deal!! :highfive:

I so wish I could get you some of Apollo's daughters eggs... my fave girl lays a perfect blue, it's amazing... especially when I started most of mine laid green to almost olive even...

Nice deal!!
highfive.gif

I so wish I could get you some of Apollo's daughters eggs... my fave girl lays a perfect blue, it's amazing... especially when I started most of mine laid green to almost olive even...

Thanks, let's see what happens. A no-crow collar should be coming at the end of the month from your side which should be a relief. I know this sounds mad, but I'm sure playing some music in the coop would drown out the crows from a neighbour's rooster and would stop my little fella responding. I may well be losing my marbles, I know
tongue.png

It sure is a bum deal that I'm not over the pond - I'd love some of your gals' eggs
hit.gif
hugs.gif

Thanks, let's see what happens. A no-crow collar should be coming at the end of the month from your side which should be a relief. I know this sounds mad, but I'm sure playing some music in the coop would drown out the crows from a neighbour's rooster and would stop my little fella responding. I may well be losing my marbles, I know :p

It sure is a bum deal that I'm not over the pond - I'd love some of your gals' eggs :hit  :hugs

Doesn't sound mad at all, I heard of someone slse doing similar... but why can your neighbor have one and you can't??

Hope that collar works for you! :fl

And if you were within shipping distance, you would have some! :hugs :)

Oh, caught a feral cat in our trap the other night... thought of you as we ah, 'released' it, lol...

Doesn't sound mad at all, I heard of someone slse doing similar... but why can your neighbor have one and you can't??

Hope that collar works for you!
fl.gif

And if you were within shipping distance, you would have some!
hugs.gif
smile.png

Oh, caught a feral cat in our trap the other night... thought of you as we ah, 'released' it, lol...
lau.gif

It's all a bit messed up. They own acres of land backing onto our place (they actually owned the land that our houses now occupy) so I guess that they are not considered to be in a suburb. AND they are very rich, so they can do what they flocking like
sad.png
Not sure how I'd make the music thing work, in terms of turning it on and off but its good to hear that I'm not the only nutter
big_smile.png

I'm sure it was real happy to have been "released"
big_smile.png

Good morning everyone I'm alive after my last infusion I felt so bad I was sure this was the end, but I pushed through so y'all are stuck with me a little longer :)
Hang in there :hugs
Lucy you have some gorgeous birds!! and GREENERY!!! i still have snow i took this this morning
You have more than me... I just have a couple patches left .... It still looks a lot like that in the woods here though.
I just posted this very same site..... :th
I'm still not convinced..... The same principle applies to the drain... Water here still drains clockwise.... I've never seen otherwise.

Last edited:

Yes I did.... I sarted at these Falls and spent the day working my way downstream to Lake Superior.
I did more walking talking and exploring than fishing but the steelhead aren't running yet.
I'm going down to visit the grandkids this week and hope they don't run while I'm gone. That's what happened last year. But I'm taking my rod with me there are some world class rivers down by my sons place too.

Back
Top Bottom