Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

X2!!
Sure does... or foe smaller batches (and smaller ducks, lol) starting them out in table height brooders works wonders too... biggest thing is letting them come to you... :)

Yeah. That too. Lol. Yeah, I hatched these when the chicks were still in the barn and lack of brooder space put them about waist high on a stack of wood. (In a wooden brooder box) for the first week and a half. Indeed.

We moved into our house today. Sounds like today was pretty eventful for most of you as well! It was good to catch up and read how you spent all your day!
thumbsup.gif
It's still spring get hatching farm boy .

I got some awesome news... the Ameraucana Breeders Club wrote up a new handbook and had it printed... I received mine today...

And inside the front cover, my first chick from my own bred self blue line got the honor to be featured... :D

Congrats!!!

It's good to see your face around again too! :lol:

Well thank you!

:thumbsup  It's still spring get hatching  farm boy .

Haha. Actually, I'm picking up our first chicks, three speckled Sussex, Monday evening! My oldest doesn't know. She started crying when we sold her speckled Sussex last summer, so I'm pretty excited to surprise her!

Peg's impression of a wood duck... :gig

Picked that up brand new for $4 at the auction... couldn't pass it up and Peg LOVES it!

My girl. Too cute! :love

I swear you get the coolest pictures . Eye is much better still on the drops though .We had two gully washers today long heavy rains put the river over the bridge .

Thanks! Glad the eye is improved. :hugs

X2!!
Sure does... or foe smaller batches (and smaller ducks, lol) starting them out in table height brooders works wonders too... biggest thing is letting them come to you... :)

Ducklings are getting used to me, like talking to me, but don't want to be touched at the moment. :(
I did get them all inside without too much trouble tonite. They all went on their own and I didn't have to traumatize them by catching them. Last night had to catch 5 that couldn't figure out the ramp lol. Progress.

We moved into our house today. Sounds like today was pretty eventful for most of you as well! It was good to catch up and read how you spent all your day!

:celebrate

I got some awesome news... the Ameraucana Breeders Club wrote up a new handbook and had it printed... I received mine today...

And inside the front cover, my first chick from my own bred self blue line got the honor to be featured... :D

That's flippin awesome! :ya

Back
Top Bottom