Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Phil, I got an apple today. Two month early and a bit small but it was still good! And beautiful.

:celebrate
Apple trees in bloom here this week.  Peach trees considering blooming.

Heck press don't even have buds yet.... But i got a bunch of apples of my tree last year and they were delicious.
Almost as good as a Twinkie

Our apricot is done blooming, peach and cherry in full bloom, and apple is thinking about it.  Weird spring, even for Michigan.  We have forsythia, daffodils, all color tulips, hyacinth, bleeding heart, spirea, lilac and trillium all blooming at once, normally they spread out across 6 weeks.  I planted peas, beans, cabbage, lettuce, and cucumbers in the garden already.  Beans are getting ready to bud.  Corn goes in tomorrow.

Heck m not even close to tilling yet.
Snow in the forecast (it won't stick).

I'm not sure.... Time is going slow. I know I'll ask a Alice.

Remember what the door mouse said .
lau.gif

and if time travel was real.... Time would be irrelevant.... So we wouldn't be sitting around waiting to invent it. Someone from the future would already have showed us how...

Of course I would
hu.gif
A time machine would only add to my confusion . After all I'm always somewhere between here and there and here and then and now and now and then .
th.gif

my stuff grows when it's too hot where you live.... But really there is a pretty good selection of short growing season plants. I've got peppers and tomatoes in the back room.... It's cool in there so they are growing real slow and purple stems..... They should be good and hardened off by the time I move them to the greenhouse

my stuff grows when it's too hot where you live.... But really there is a pretty good selection of short growing season plants. I've got peppers and tomatoes in the back room.... It's cool in there so they are growing real slow and purple stems..... They should be good and hardened off by the time I move them to the greenhouse

That is a plus I suppose. :p

There is. Nice! :thumbsup

No 'cos I'm sure there'd be another period in time that would be more entertaining than this one, so I'd stay there and never return
Chris you ain't having a good time . I really like being here . When you consider the other option well I'll choose this one every time . I can't believe you would want to go to another time . Wouldn't you
you miss the monkeys
lau.gif
If you think about it we are all time travelers . We can't go back only forward one Nano second at a time . We cannot predict the future but can document the past . Totally useless information isn't it . My shrink charges me to much to tell him this stuff so I get my couch time here .
lau.gif
I mean after all this is random ramblings and I'm good at that .
Thinking about a new business COUNTRYBOY IRRAGATION what do you think about my LOGO???
lau.gif

Chris you ain't having a good time . I really like being here . When you consider the other option well I'll choose this one every time . I can't believe you would want to go to another time . Wouldn't you
you miss the monkeys
lau.gif
If you think about it we are all time travelers . We can't go back only forward one Nano second at a time . We cannot predict the future but can document the past . Totally useless information isn't it . My shrink charges me to much to tell him this stuff so I get my couch time here .
lau.gif
I mean after all this is random ramblings and I'm good at that .
Thinking about a new business COUNTRYBOY IRRAGATION what do you think about my LOGO???
lau.gif

Fair point, the monkey's I'd miss terribly (not)
tongue.png
I'd suggest that for a business logo, a longer hose would be much more appropriate - well, it would if the women here on the pond are anything to go by
lol.png

Good morning, from this end, folks

While fishing I had hooked into a couple of good ones, and my good old Jarvis 4 ball bearing reel started freewheeling the spool. I took it apart tonight to see if I could fix it. The whole spindle end of the aluminum casting is shattered. I know that last one was big, but dang...that reel has hauled in many a big ole bull Chinook and a couple of oversize redfish but this strike ended it.

I get to go reel hunting. Anyone have a favorite saltwater spinning reel rated for 20 lb test?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom