Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Never met him, but I read a lot of his posts... I think he was like a blend of K and SC... :gig

One of his family members is gonna modify his crazy rabbit avatar and then use it in his honor...

I was kinda thinking the same thing :D

I inherited a 1951 Johnson 5 hp outboard from my cousin's grandfather.  I have no idea why, but today I started restoration on it.  So my office is full of outboard parts that smell like 50 year old leaded gas residue and motor oil.  

Interesting project, but at least you are getting to it. I never seem to get to those kinds of things.

An outboard? Like for a boat? Thats an interesting thing to be gifted & sounds like a pretty major endeavor. About two decades ago I inherited a giant Stag Fern that filled the entire back of DH's truck. It was a very fussy plant back in then & we couldn't find a spot it liked hanging in (too sunny, too shady, too much tree debris...) We had to move that monster around the yard 4-5x in the first 18mo it was here, which was also a pretty major endeavor. When he was bringing it home someone in my family took him aside & told him to be cautious with it, because it would eat small children if they walked too close to it. In his heart he knew it wasn't true, but he gave it strange looks & a pretty wide berth the first couple months. I love that big, beast of a plant, but DH still tells me its the weirdest inheritance anyones ever received.

Sending hugs to all of you feeling the loss of your friend Ron & also duckchick for the loss of your Lavender Orp. :hugs

Weirdest maybe, but most memorable too! Is it still alive?

And thanks. :hugs

I just got hubby out the door, headed to the southern part of the state with a truck full of flood supplies. A large group of them are going down for the day. The CFO said she wouldn't let him overdo it today, they are still concerned about him from his surgery, but I know him better than they do. lol

Last edited:
Spent the day with Conner and Abby while DIL went for job orientation today . Had DW's S7 trying to use it . Drove me nuts .We just watched movies most of the day except for batting practice . I love working with little kids pitched till they wore me out . One thing for sure I'm not geared for laying around watching kids movies . DW's van stopped running so I had to go put it on the trailer and bring it home :/   More to fix :th other than that it was a good day :hugs :frow

Don't care for my S7.....my S5 was much more friendlier......what happened to the van?

I inherited a 1951 Johnson 5 hp outboard from my cousin's grandfather.  I have no idea why, but today I started restoration on it.  So my office is full of outboard parts that smell like 50 year old leaded gas residue and motor oil.  

I have a 1945 5hp Seahorse all torn apart here.....:lau
Funny how much alike we are Walnut.....must be a Detroit thing?

Howdy....hope everyone is okay....real slow here.
I can't seem to catch my breath the last couple days. Need to see the Dr....if in not breathing better tomorrow when I'm in town. I'm gonna make an apportionment. Lungs feel about the size of golf balls today....wheezing.....usually in okay in the summer....my wife is upset...there hasn't been any obituary for Racheal....they raided her house took all her husbands guns.

Probably too painful for her husband to write one. Maybe your wife could offer to help? Might make them both feel a little better..

There's got to be more on the gun story, so I won't comment on that.

Hope you get into the doctors soon and start breathing better!

Probably too painful for her husband to write one. Maybe your wife could offer to help? Might make them both feel a little better..

There's got to be more on the gun story, so I won't comment on that.

Hope you get into the doctors soon and start breathing better!

Friday.....they were both Crack addicts and alcoholics..they were both find until they moved to Vegas for a few years..i think they may suspect foul play?
This suicide happened while they were in the middle of a knock down drag down type fight.
My wife is on the middle of her own recovery i think her staying out of it is best.
She already said she doesn't want to do to any funeral and run into the husband.

Back
Top Bottom