Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

20171029_215237.jpg
ok. .here is ugly a$$ duck!

Not the best pic, but these are my only surviving Cream Legbars. The three that died had better cream coloring (these girls tend toward the Crele side), but Augie, my cockerel, is purely cream, so the chicks should be lighter...hopefully. His tail is a big mess in this pic - not sure what was up with that.
IMG_20171027_151203777_kindlephoto-108868275.jpg

Not the best pic, but these are my only surviving Cream Legbars. The three that died had better cream coloring (these girls tend toward the Crele side), but Augie, my cockerel, is purely cream, so the chicks should be lighter...hopefully. His tail is a big mess in this pic - not sure what was up with that.View attachment 1173674
very pretty

Do people give you duck stuff too?
When d h and I got married we kind of re decorated my house to get rid of some of my old stuff and incorporate some of his. . tried to make his kids feel more at home. He had a few cool duck pieces. . I loved them so much it kind of blew up from then on. . .we have bought a few pieces ourselves when we found stuff we liked but the rest have been gifts. I have one really ugly a$$ duck a friend give me. . it had belonged to her grandma so I have to keep it. Omg is it ugly!

Actually, no... I have only gotten one duck themed item, and that was a pair of adorable little porcelain/ceramic ducks that @Miss Ameraucana picked up and sent me because seeing them made her think of me... they're really cute, will have to get a pic of them...
Besides, most duck themed stuff is either duck hunting or kid oriented... I like ducks, but most aren't styled like Calls, lol... ;)

I found last year's pumpkins!

My raven:

LL

The Tyrannosaurus:

LL

Awesome carving!

Great detail... like the ones you did this year too... and the pic of your little buddy, he's adorable...

View attachment 1173659 ok. .here is ugly a$$ duck!

Look!!! It's Dirt!!! :lau :lau

Not the best pic, but these are my only surviving Cream Legbars. The three that died had better cream coloring (these girls tend toward the Crele side), but Augie, my cockerel, is purely cream, so the chicks should be lighter...hopefully. His tail is a big mess in this pic - not sure what was up with that.View attachment 1173674

Nice Legbars! I kinda miss mine... but not a fan of barring, and they weren't as social as my Am's and Ar's... old lines though, no Rees in them... K still has some from mine...

Actually, no... I have only gotten one duck themed item, and that was a pair of adorable little porcelain/ceramic ducks that @Miss Ameraucana picked up and sent me because seeing them made her think of me... they're really cute, will have to get a pic of them...
Besides, most duck themed stuff is either duck hunting or kid oriented... I like ducks, but most aren't styled like Calls, lol... ;)

Awesome carving!

Great detail... like the ones you did this year too... and the pic of your little buddy, he's adorable...

Look!!! It's Dirt!!! :lau :lau

Nice Legbars! I kinda miss mine... but not a fan of barring, and they weren't as social as my Am's and Ar's... old lines though, no Rees in them... K still has some from mine...
Yeah, they're definitely skittish, although having them cooped up has sort of forced them to warm up a little. My girls were from Candace, and the boy from Papa's. I had so many cockerel CLs this year - probably 5:1 ratio. I have a freezer full of them because even though they're not classified as a duel purpose breed, the boys fill out rather nicely.

Back
Top Bottom