Welcome to the backyard chat!

This is my Red Sex Link.
received_600730210313910.jpeg

As for being bit by mosquitos. I really don't know.

George, Year II
This is our Leghorn rooster, George, who showed up last September. After trying to see if he belonged to anyone around us, and finding that he was homeless, he is now ours...it was a mutual decision on both our parts. He did well through our Michigan winter in an adapted section of our garage, but it is time to make his residency official. We now have a coop and will be introducing him to some new friends over the summer. We purchased 6 pullets (3 Black Austalorps and 3 Silver Laced Wyandottes) and are waiting until they are big enough to meet their fearless leader! This is our first adventure with chickens and has been a lot of fun...and quite informative! We are hoping to have a good supply of eggs eventually. As a side note, George still prefers the weeping cherry tree as his perch.
494310.jpg

-Michele P.

Sleeping at night in trees is a bad situation, he could be picked off by owls or raccoons.
also he can't protect the hens if there is a break in - inside the coop.

Sleeping at night in trees is a bad situation, he could be picked off by owls or raccoons.
also he can't protect the hens if there is a break in - inside the coop.
The tree is against our house and is surrounded on 3 sides. We have no idea how long he was on his own before he showed up at our home, but it's a natural survival instinct that he probably had been using. We're hoping that once he isn't the only chicken outside, he will integrate with the others and roost with them.

This is my Red Sex Link.View attachment 1414795

As for being bit by mosquitos. I really don't know.
Thank you!

I thought you might like to see my nosey neighbor. I don't know if he was considering the browse or my does.

View attachment 1414976
It doesn't look like it but he was less than 6 inches from the electric fence. I know

My old dog, that lives in the yard, never even noticed him.
Really?!
George, Year II
This is our Leghorn rooster, George, who showed up last September. After trying to see if he belonged to anyone around us, and finding that he was homeless, he is now ours...it was a mutual decision on both our parts. He did well through our Michigan winter in an adapted section of our garage, but it is time to make his residency official. We now have a coop and will be introducing him to some new friends over the summer. We purchased 6 pullets (3 Black Austalorps and 3 Silver Laced Wyandottes) and are waiting until they are big enough to meet their fearless leader! This is our first adventure with chickens and has been a lot of fun...and quite informative! We are hoping to have a good supply of eggs eventually. As a side note, George still prefers the weeping cherry tree as his perch.View attachment 1415100

-Michele P.
Wow he looks awsome! Happy you took in the homeless

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom