Well today he tried to spur me... ):

amillecay

Songster
8 Years
Dec 29, 2011
my rooster can get aggresive and well today he tried to spur me thank god his spurs are not grown in fully.... I went out to the chickens today wearing shorts and some rubber boots and right when I walked in the roo ran up to me and totally tried to spur me like I said thank god they are not fully grown!! it's not to enjoyable anymore I can't just bring a bucket in there and sit down because of my roo i pick him up and thats the only thing that seems to help i am going to wait a tad bit longer if I decide to get rid of him but this has been going on for to long I don't want a mean roo!! Any way are there ANY other ways anybody knows of that I can help to fix this?? I know it never really does go away for an aggresive one but I want to try.

That is what i thought.. umm he is about 11 months still a cockerel but just figured I would say rooster lol! anyway is this around the time this happens?... He is my first roo I have just always had my girls :)

depends on the breed some start as early as 8 months - some later then 1 year...

If you can avoid getting hurt, see if it works off-

I've put boys in time out alone away from the hens in a safe, confined area...

Not sure it changes their attitude but it helped mine.

Thanks I will :) I think i'll just have to try and wear jeans while out there

anyway I will consider it :D

True... maybe a good idea then! I would rather not be blind to tell you the truth!

Back
Top Bottom