well water

Ok I have all 3 (all dif age birds) So they should be good then and when they run over to me bocking they are just being fat.

I work in a water testing lab actually. The well owner is responsible for making sure the water is safe to drink. You want to test for Coliform Bacteria. EPA suggests to do this yearly. You should also test for Nitrates. If you have an Iron problem, you can call a water company (culligan) and they can install a iron filter. Although Iron is not a health concern. The pH should not affect the birds. Normally well water is between 6.5 and 8.5. If it is above or below that, you may need to install a filter that balances the pH. You do get some minerals in your water, but give them a balanced feed and they will get what they need out of that.
tongue.png

I would ask your landlord if it has been done. If not, ask him if he can do it. It is around $20-25 for a Coliform/E.coli test. Maybe ask if you can do it and take it off the rent or something. Call your country health dept. to find a lab near you.

OH if its only that much we can do it I thought it would be more like 50 or something cool thanks

Have you asked him and he said no? Do you have a housing office, aren't you out in the boonies(not a bad thing)so your not in a city limits situation. Look in government section of phone book should have a housing/rental section call and ask them if it is landlords responsibility. I would think it should be, I know in MD you have to tell potential renters about possibility of Lead paint in rentals, so maybe landlord just has to warn you that water has not been tested and responsibility falls on renter, If I had it tested nd it was bad owner should be responsible for fixing the situation. JMO

Yes we have asked him and we also need a new pump he wont do either ASS we are not way out in the sticks but there are other homes neer me. I know the water has never been tested. The house has lead paint that is pealing off can it get to the water?The well is only about 15ft away

Quote:
no you can call him a donkey, wouldn't want anyone to see bad words in print. I would be calling housing dept, you may be looking for new place, but it is landlords responsibilty to have everyhting in proper WORKING order. what type of well? If its a shallow well then yes it is right there, but a deep well can be a couple of hundred feet down, so its the person a mile up the road that is pouring gas into a hole or has lead based paint leaching into the ground.

Back
Top Bottom