Welsh Harlequin

I don't have any but I wanted to tell you how sorry I am to hear about all your challenges. Wishing you great luck in finds some girls for your beautiful boys!
Just popping in to see if anyone might have some non hatchery stock WH eggs I can buy. Last winter I unfortunately lost my flock to a predator and this year I started over with an order from Holderread's. Shipping across the entire country wasn't easy on the little guys and I lost all but two, who are both drakes. I purchased some Holderread line eggs to hatch some girlfriends for them but due to a power outage I just lost all the eggs too. Really hoping I can locate some more eggs so I don't have to wait till next year to get the little guys some girlfriends. Here are the two when they were younger enjoying a swim.

I got my 5 welsh Harlequin and 2 white layer Ducklings from Metzer 4 weeks ago. The light colored welsh is now quacking and so it one of the white layers.
Not sure if the rest are boys are girls, but I was supposed to have two females of the welsh harlequin. I'm not sure I did, I think 4 might be drakes because they are soooo much darker that the girl and not quacking yet, but I guess it is too early to tell?

[COLOR=333333]I got my 5 welsh Harlequin and 2 white layer Ducklings from Metzer 4 weeks ago. The light colored welsh is now quacking and so it one of the white layers. Not sure if the rest are boys are girls, but I was supposed to have two females of the welsh harlequin. I'm not sure I did, I think 4 might be drakes because they are soooo much darker that the girl and not quacking yet, but I guess it is too early to tell?[/COLOR]
My welsh harlequin from Metzer was also really dark and was the last one out of my group to start quacking at 6 weeks. I was really, really worried for a while but it was all for nothing. I would trust that they have given you your correct order. You can look through my pics and see what she was like growing up and what she is now.

We got 3 WH from Metzgers too. I paid extra to have them sexed and all three arrived with green tape on a leg. Their hatch date was July 21. They did not quack at 4 weeks. They are starting now if we try to pick them up.
One has a yellow beak and 2 have a grey beak. --yours all have grey beaks?
They are nice ducks and have fit in well with our other two.

I found a link on here to a utube video that has boy peeping vs girl peeping. It is Swedish or something. But you can google the gender to see which is which. Video has subtitle for spelling.

We got 3 WH from Metzgers too. I paid extra to have them sexed and all three arrived with green tape on a leg. Their hatch date was July 21. They did not quack at 4 weeks. They are starting now if we try to pick them up.

I found a link on here to a utube video that has boy peeping vs girl peeping. It is Swedish or something. But you can google the gender to see which is which. Video has subtitle for spelling.
I found the leg tape reference is only true when you order males and females otherwise they have whatever leg tapes of you get all girls. I got all girls and their leg tapes didn't match up with their sex or breed.

They a have very dark bills aside from one which is dark with yellow around the edges.
We shall soon see!
I don't mind having a drake or two, but we wanted the girls for eggs, so it would be disappointing.
They are so laid back and fun though, they follow me and the kids around and love playing in the kiddie pool.

I got my 5 welsh Harlequin and 2 white layer Ducklings from Metzer 4 weeks ago. The light colored welsh is now quacking and so it one of the white layers.
Not sure if the rest are boys are girls, but I was supposed to have two females of the welsh harlequin. I'm not sure I did, I think 4 might be drakes because they are soooo much darker that the girl and not quacking yet, but I guess it is too early to tell?
You'll definitely be able to tell once the boys bills begin lightening up in color. Mine are from Metzer too. Female on the left and male on the right.

This is him grown up

This is the same female.. she's gold phase.

Metzer's Welshies lay like champs!

Thanks... he was pretty and really nice. I miss him. Rehomed him in the spring because he was being too amorous with the girls. They were terrified of him and would be in the duck house all day to avoid him.

@stargzr87 They sent me the silver drake and 2 silver phase girls and 2 gold phase hens from Metzer's.

Back
Top Bottom