Welsummer sexing

Looks like my daughters Easter Egger from the feed store. It's hard to see but there is the black eyeliner. Does it have a little muff?

I bought two Welsummer chicks from the feed store the other day and noticed differences. The smaller is lighter reddish color and the wings are not developed as the other and look kinda like little nubs. Lol. Can someone help me tell if it's a roo? I will post a few pics in different lighting.

I am thinking I have two pullets, but the one with the lighter eyeliner likes to stand tall like a rooster.

I'm hugely glad I found this thread! I am fairly confident now that my two welsummers are in fact girls! I am suspecting one of my rir's is a rooster because of slower feathering than his sister. And we don't have room for two roos and I really didn't want to put one in the freezer. I know it is still early on for us (about two weeks old) but the v was there on their heads, lined in a thin black. And they have definite Cleopatra eyes going on...

Okay, any guesses here? This one's markings aren't as strong as the others, so I guess it's a roo. But I have no experience with Welsummers.

Back
Top Bottom