Welsummer sexing

Can you guys take guesses on these 2 for me? I know this is an old post, but maybe someone will chime in! Thanks!
IMG_5283.jpeg
IMG_5279.jpeg

The second one is a pullet, she had the distinct eyeliner and is darker in color. I believe the first is a cockerel, since it’s lighter and the eyeliner isn’t as distinct. Wait for others to chime in, I’m relatively new at this 🙂

The second one is a pullet, she had the distinct eyeliner and is darker in color. I believe the first is a cockerel, since it’s lighter and the eyeliner isn’t as distinct. Wait for others to chime in, I’m relatively new at this 🙂
Wonderful news! The second one hatched from this amazing egg! 😍
IMG_5225.jpeg

I know welsummers are auto sexing but I'm having a little doubt. I'm guessing I have two pullets and a too, can anyone help me confirm that?
This is the pullet:

And I believe this one is a roo:

I just wanted to update for those that will look here to try and sex their welsummer.
The bird in question was indeed a roo. At almost 5 weeks the chest feathers are coming in dark and the comb and waddles are already in. He is also doing chest bumbs with my 6 wk old silkie roo all day long.
Here are a few pictures of him now:
How does he loo now?

I just wanted to update for those that will look here to try and sex their welsummer.
The bird in question was indeed a roo. At almost 5 weeks the chest feathers are coming in dark and the comb and waddles are already in. He is also doing chest bumbs with my 6 wk old silkie roo all day long.
Here are a few pictures of him now:

How does he look now?

Back
Top Bottom