Western Massachusetts

heath_elisha,

What type of marans are you interested in getting? I have been looking for Black Copper Marans forever and have not been able to find any around here. I think egg swaps would be awesome to do.

I guess I would lean more towards splash marans, but really any other would be cool to have too. I like the feather footed ones- something unique and would add something different to the flock.

I have actually been tempted to take a trip to Buckland- because a family member of mine told me about a farm stand that she gets eggs from. They have near black eggs, spotted, blue, green, etc... and it is $3.50 a dozen. Thinking of checking the place out. If they have a nice looking flock and a roo then maybe I will get a couple dozen to hatch out lol. Maybe that is what I will do tomorrow
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Well I did go to the farm stand in Buckland yesterday. Purchased a dozen eggs from the stand, although the eggs were not as amazing as described to me. It is possible that I missed the "darker" eggs when I went.... but still neat to finally see some in person, rather then photos. See below- I think there were only two marans egg (certainly not black copper ones) and two welsummers in the box. Pictures show them just a little lighter then they are in person. And I have not cooked them up yet to see if they are fertile. No birds were outside visible to me when I was there- probably because it was so darn windy!

Hi NewBreeder,

I have a couple blue JG's and 4 blacks, and some whites in the incubator now, I also have a blue JG rooster that is about 6 mo old I might be looking to get rid of, if someone is interested.

Quote:
heath_elisha That is a nice looking coop. After discussing a few options and telling my father I was just going to buy one, he got mad and said that we could build one for less than half. I got quite the lecture lol so I guess he is up for building another one after all! YAY!! Thank you for the offer :)

heath_elisha That is a nice looking coop. After discussing a few options and telling my father I was just going to buy one, he got mad and said that we could build one for less than half. I got quite the lecture lol so I guess he is up for building another one after all! YAY!! Thank you for the offer :)

Glad to hear he wants to help! There are tons of ideas on this website if you are looking for something special. Have fun with it!

I lost my Silkie Roo about a month ago. If one of the little ones turns out to be another Roo then I will be back breeding them fuzzy butts again. So I will keep you in mind NewBreeder

Back
Top Bottom