What’s the deal with you chicken people??

Pics
Sooo a lot? Aww I wished I lived closer I’d take a roo and some hens. My husband would probably divorce me. He can have the house, I’m keeping the chickens lol.
Don't threaten me, I have family in NC and am prone to making trips north. We're going to be moving to GA soon, too.

I’m going to try to take picture. But being in the incubator it’ll probably be low quality. Please hold
See that white line? That’s the first crack, on the other side is a small hole and bigger crack. ( I’ve never written the word crack so much in my life).

Attachments

• IMG_1162.jpeg
    IMG_1162.jpeg
    260.3 KB · Views: 2
Do you have experience incubating? Or would you know, the humidity is @65-66 should I leave it be or put a wet sponge in there super quick?
I have no idea. Sorry. Don’t even own an incubator.
I have an assortment of broody hens who could no doubt answer the question if they would just stop biting me.
There is an incubating forum - you should start a thread there. Lots of folk really know about this stuff.

I have no idea. Sorry. Don’t even own an incubator.
I have an assortment of broody hens who could no doubt answer the question if they would just stop biting me.
There is an incubating forum - you should start a thread there. Lots of folk really know about this stuff.
Having hens to do this HAS to be easier, unfortunately all I have are freeloaders for another 8 weeks or so. :)

Having hens to do this HAS to be easier, unfortunately all I have are freeloaders for another 8 weeks or so. :)
Hate to rain on your parade, but my lovely Bernadette who is my lead hen, took over a year to lay her first egg.
They are big, dark brown and speckled, so I love them. Just don’t count on the 8 weeks!
They will lay when they are good and ready and there isn’t much you can do about it!

Bernie - almost certainly not thinking about laying an egg.
IMG_3649.jpeg

Hate to rain on your parade, but my lovely Bernadette who is my lead hen, took over a year to lay her first egg.
They are big, dark brown and speckled, so I love them. Just don’t count on the 8 weeks!
They will lay when they are good and ready and there isn’t much you can do about it!

Bernie - almost certainly not thinking about laying an egg.
View attachment 3823496
“You can have an egg when you pry it from my…” A chicken with an attitude, my favorite!

Back
Top Bottom