What’s the deal with you chicken people??

Pics
She looks like she is thinking about taking a snap at your digits! 🤣

Be wary, though. My roo is a camera hog, and once got a little too overzealous and pecked at my phone hard enough to crack my camera. 😬
Today I wore a red hoodie and she really went for it!
I have another hen that pecks my backside through the slats in my lawn chair.
I really am an abused chicken tender.

Today I wore a red hoodie and she really went for it!
I have another hen that pecks my backside through the slats in my lawn chair.
I really am an abused chicken tender.
My sister always complains that both of my roosters beat the crap out of her and make her cry, and I told her to try going near them when she is not wearing red. She says she is not always wearing red when she goes near them. One day she came in and complained that my little roo attacked her, and I told her to stop wearing red. She said she was not wearing red! I just 🤨 at her and she looked down trying to prove her point, but her pants were red and black. 🤣

My roosters are really behaving well today. Listening to my commands and hand signals, and not biting me. I wondered why, and then I opened my garage and found that my brother had picked up my new toy early for me! They do not want to be grilled! 🤣
IMG_20240506_184605.jpg

Do you have experience incubating? Or would you know, the humidity is @65-66 should I leave it be or put a wet sponge in there super quick?
I would probably leave it be.

(Unless you hear otherwise from someone more experienced. I have a bit of experience with incubating and hatching eggs, but there are some people on this forum with MUCH more experience than I have in that area.)

I would probably leave it be.

(Unless you hear otherwise from someone more experienced. I have a bit of experience with incubating and hatching eggs, but there are some people on this forum with MUCH more experience than I have in that area.)
Ok well I have NO experience, I’ll take any suggestions, thank you :)

@NatJ that didn’t come off as snarky did it? I’ll always worry someone will take my comments as mean because tone and text don’t mix.
I could see it going either way. I wasn't personally bothered this time, but I don't know how I would take it at a different time, and I have even less idea how anyone else would take it.

Yes, the internet can be a problem that way, with no tone for guidance. I've had a few definite mixups myself. (A recent one: someone asked a question I took seriously and answered, but it was one of those questions that is meant to just be a joke. Tone of voice would have made it clear immediately, but in text I didn't realize until the person made it clear afterward.)

Last edited:
I could see it going either way. I wasn't personally bothered thsi time, but I don't know how I would take it at a different time, and I have even less idea how anyone else would take it.

Yes, the internet can be a problem that way, with no tone for guidance. I've had a few definite mixups myself. (A recent one: someone asked a question I took seriously and answered, but it was one of those questions that is meant to just be a joke. Tone of voice would have made it clear immediately, but in text I didn't realize until the person made it clear afterward.)
The same thing happened to me! On here someone was making a joke, and thought this person was in honest need. I had to make a great big fool out of myself! Just so you know I’m here for guidance and support. I like to leave negativity at the door. Any post/reply from me has no meanness.

Back
Top Bottom