What’s the deal with you chicken people??

Pics
They can, and in some (or most) cases, the male can get the deed done. As you're probably tired of hearing chicken people say, sometimes their offspring are medium sized, sometimes their on the smaller side, sometimes on the larger. It depends
What about a standard rooster and bantam hen? I mean she can live through the act right?

What about a standard rooster and bantam hen? I mean she can live through the act right?

Actually, I've had my serama mixes get into the LF (Large Fowl) pen. While I never saw any sort of copulation, I did find them alive, and with zero scratches. To be perfectly honest though, I don't know. I've heard many people on here (or read, I should say) having their bantam females mating with their LF males with no issues, but I can't back it up with my own experiences

I am not exaggerating. They are all mad I tell you. Certifiably crazy!
Im
Actually, I've had my serama mixes get into the LF (Large Fowl) pen. While I never saw any sort of copulation, I did find them alive, and with zero scratches. To be perfectly honest though, I don't know. I've heard many people on here (or read, I should say) having their bantam females mating with their LF males with no issues, but I can't back it up with my own experiences
i seen a video, from egg to hatch or something like that. And if I was seeing a I think I was seeing, this bantam tried so hard with a standard sized hen. And she just strutted off like “ nice try tiger, but I’ve got things to do”

I did not know that. Very interesting.
So if I want my girls to take a break from laying I should let them sit for as long as possible before moving them to broody jail? That way they will have to wait to grow new yolks before starting up again.
Did I understand right?
If so, useful tip for my current situation!
Yes, I would expect that to work.

Also if you think your hens are too fat, they will probably lose some of that while broody.

It is possible for a hen to stay broody for too long and die of starvation, but most hens seem to stop before that happens.

Yes, I would expect that to work.

Also if you think your hens are too fat, they will probably lose some of that while broody.

It is possible for a hen to stay broody for too long and die of starvation, but most hens seem to stop before that happens.
So broodiness is serious business

Back
Top Bottom