What’s wrong with my duck?

If she is egg bound, you should give 1 ml liquid calcium gluconate per day
https://www.durvet.com/product/calcium-gluconate-23/
they sell it on amazon and at tsc and other places too
If she is not eating, you should get together what you will need to tube feed her
because it only takes a few days and they die if no eating.
I would also start her on either "Rooster Booster poultry cell" or "nutridrench" right away
1 ml you can give orally like the calcium gluconate
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...dications-to-all-poultry-and-waterfowl.73335/

Clare is almost 6 years old. We give them them Nutrena Layer pellets, with grit, crushed oyster shells, mealworms and brewers yeast (with garlic and Niecin.) the calcium we give them is Calcium Citrate +D3 Petites. We crushed them and fed it to them with mealworms. We just give them one tablet a day, and it is shared with two of her sisters. It think each tablet has 200 mg of calcium.
wow thats very similar to what i feed my ducks , good job!
that little bit of cal citrate isnt enough
start the calcium gluconate asap
i think her symptoms point to eggbound lets see what @Miss Lydia says

wow thats very similar to what i feed my ducks , good job!
that little bit of cal citrate isnt enough
start the calcium gluconate asap
i think her symptoms point to eggbound lets see what @Miss Lydia says
Oh okay Thankyou, is the liquid calcium better than the solid? Also someone mentioned it might be constipation, do you think this could be a possibility? Ok ill definitely get on the tube feeding is there somewhere I can go with instructions on how to tube feed? Okay roger! Thankyou so much! Do I give them 1 ml of rooster booster every day? Do you know if they sell Calcium gluconate at tractor supply?

is there somewhere I can go with instructions on how to tube feed?

there are some youtube videos
i will look

Do I give them 1 ml of rooster booster every day?
yes 1 ml for the one duck

Do you know if they sell Calcium gluconate at tractor supply?

yes they do

We only have female ducks, and yes we do mix the grit with the feed, is that bad? That’s was we have done the whole time we have had ducks
feel her crop, see if its hard and full, if it is it could be from too much grit , that may be the main problem

Back
Top Bottom