What’s wrong with my duck?

feel her crop, see if its hard and full, if it is it could be from too much grit , that may be the main problem
I felt her crop, it doesn’t feel like there is anything in it, feels empty. Her stomach area hangs low but it’s been like that for a good while now, I assumed it was because of age, and it’s not hard it’s soft

Could you post a picture of your duck?

What breed is she? Does she stand unusually upright?
This is her, she is a Buff Duck and I don’t think she stands abnormally tall? Her feathers have been fluffed all day, it’s in the 40 Fahrenheit so I don’t think it’s because of weather?

Attachments

• IMG_8458.jpeg
    IMG_8458.jpeg
    897.4 KB · Views: 4
Oh okay Thankyou, is the liquid calcium better than the solid? Also someone mentioned it might be constipation, do you think this could be a possibility? Ok ill definitely get on the tube feeding is there somewhere I can go with instructions on how to tube feed? Okay roger! Thankyou so much! Do I give them 1 ml of rooster booster every day? Do you know if they sell Calcium gluconate at tractor supply?
constipated duck is new to me i havent heard of that untill today . it could be idk..

Yeah same, I never really new they could get constipated.
aha i found this
Calcium supplements cause few, if any, side effects. But side effects can sometimes occur, including gas, constipation and bloating. In general, calcium carbonate is the most constipating. You may need to try a few different brands or types of calcium supplements to find one that you tolerate the best.

aha i found this
Calcium supplements cause few, if any, side effects. But side effects can sometimes occur, including gas, constipation and bloating. In general, calcium carbonate is the most constipating. You may need to try a few different brands or types of calcium supplements to find one that you tolerate the best.
Oh okay, Mm yeah I think I might be constipation, but I’m can’t be sure. Do you think the things like rooster booster and liquid calcium would still be beneficial if it’s constipation and not egg bound?

Back
Top Bottom