What’s your favorite breed? And in your opinion what’s the best?

My favorites are Naked Necks. They are unusual in appearance, friendly but not overly so, usually not low in the pecking order because they’re assertive, do great in the heat and are easier to pluck because they have fewer feathers in general. I get large eggs from my girls, but they typically range from medium to large. They’re just as good for laying as any other and you can breed the naked necks to other breeds for more color diversity. I have two red hens and this beautiful boy
F79259A1-9DA1-4E3F-9B57-6B65CFC2BEA4.jpeg

My favorite is the Orpington.
Orpingtons do well in cold winters and they are not aggressive. Well, I’m sure they are some but I haven’t had any issues. A beautiful friendly breed. 55AA7C79-CD50-48AF-BCB4-A3978DE67AFE.jpeg
2323DF26-8A0F-440E-B7E9-A02D5F195083.jpeg

Attachments

• BBE7A9AC-CE65-4AB2-8C75-7C32F6BAE522.jpeg
    BBE7A9AC-CE65-4AB2-8C75-7C32F6BAE522.jpeg
    506.1 KB · Views: 4
I favorites are Sussex.
Coronations and Lights partially, but my Speckled is very good to.
I would love to have some Buffs one day when I have the room.
They have been the hardiest breed for me, excellent layers (an egg a day except when broody and molting) and very good mothers.
They are very pleasing to the eye, as well.

Last edited:
My favorites have to be Australorps. Well-behaved, good layers, gentle and sociable, what's not to love? Plus, they're fluffy and look like cute little penguins when they hatch. Unfortunately, I don't currently have any. I used to have two Australorp cockerels, but we got rid of them recently.

Back
Top Bottom