what a way to start the day

ramblingrose

Songster
6 Years
Jul 18, 2017
didn't know where this goes but this is what i found this morning

This is what i found this morning in my chicken house in the nest it couldn't get out of the nest because he ate 2 of my eggs, i push the page button on the baby monitor i have down in the chicken house and ran like hell up to the house told my husband and he took my step dad 410 and killed it while it was just stuck. what a way to start the day. please feel free to move this post to where it belongs

Attachments

• 20190712_075428.jpg
    20190712_075428.jpg
    528.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 20190712_075527.jpg
    20190712_075527.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 25
  • 20190712_075749.jpg
    20190712_075749.jpg
    353.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 20190712_080207.jpg
    20190712_080207.jpg
    994.4 KB · Views: 26
didn't know where this goes but this is what i found this morning

This is what i found this morning in my chicken house in the nest it couldn't get out of the nest because he ate 2 of my eggs, i push the page button on the baby monitor i have down in the chicken house and ran like hell up to the house told my husband and he took my step dad 410 and killed it while it was just stuck. what a way to start the day. please feel free to move this post to where it belongs
How did that rat snake get access to your nest box?

...I push the page button on the baby monitor i have down in the chicken house and ran like hell up to the house told my husband and he took my step dad 410 and killed it while it was just stuck. what a way to start the day....

We don't have big snakes like that where I live. At least, I've never seen or heard of one like that in my area.

I hear that snake tastes like chicken!? Did you eat it yourself or chop it up for your chickens? I spent time overseas and many countries serve fried snake. I know it's not main menu in the U.S., but it's a delicacy in many countries.

I have been thinking about getting some kind of chicken cam for my coop. I noticed you use a baby monitor. Any advice on what works good, better, or best for monitoring the coop? Thanks.

I have had rat snakes around but only once found one in a coop. I was using a milk crate as a temporary nest box and it was wrapped around outside of the milk crate but didn't appear that it had eaten any eggs, but it was smaller. I did get it out and it slithered away. I really not a fan of snakes.

We don't have big snakes like that where I live. At least, I've never seen or heard of one like that in my area.

I hear that snake tastes like chicken!? Did you eat it yourself or chop it up for your chickens? I spent time overseas and many countries serve fried snake. I know it's not main menu in the U.S., but it's a delicacy in many countries.

I have been thinking about getting some kind of chicken cam for my coop. I noticed you use a baby monitor. Any advice on what works good, better, or best for monitoring the coop? Thanks.
We use the WYZE camera system. I used to use a samsung smartcam, but they discontinued them and they started to fail after 3 years. WYZE are cheap enough I don't care. It doesn't have a motion sensor, so you have to check in manually. we run these INSIDE the coop and run.

The other one we run is the arlo system. Which does have a motion sensor trigger. So we run these all over the property.

Well i just read another thread where someone caught a snake IN the coop before he killed any birds and "relocated" the snake to another shed so he could have mice. The end of the story resulted in dead chicks.

Good job taking quick action and handling the problem and probably saving the lives of some of your flock.

We use the WYZE camera system. I used to use a samsung smartcam, but they discontinued them and they started to fail after 3 years. WYZE are cheap enough I don't care. It doesn't have a motion sensor, so you have to check in manually. we run these INSIDE the coop and run.

The other one we run is the arlo system. Which does have a motion sensor trigger. So we run these all over the property.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom