What are some funny things people "know" about hens?

My Boyfriend thought all had lice, needed a rooster to lay and would attack him.
Now he is eagerly awaiting his first "homegrown" egg and the girls meat him at the gate when he gets home!

Celia
2 Brahma hens and a Yorkie

My favorite,
If you touch a chicken or anything that chicken has touched, you WILL get salmonella. My cousin's friend's sister's teacher's friend's doctor TOLD them that.

Or someone told me today,
Only two animals in the world carry salmonella, chickens and turtles!
0_o
hahaha
I'm glad people are so stupid about chickens, it just means I get more of them to myself ^-^

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif

Quote:
lol.png
Along the lines of a few new ones I heard today.
While at TSC, talking about my colored eggs to the salesman, I heard an older guy tell his wife,
"No, they're not naturally green. They put food coloring in their water to dye the eggs they're laying for easter. Cheap trick that makes the eggs cost 10 times as much! We could do it with our hens if you wanted to."
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
WHAT? Hahaha, so somewhere, some poor woman is putting food dye in her chickens water, hoping for colored eggs.
Also some woman who was listening butted in and said
"Wait you have green eggs? Well what color are the chicks that hatch out of them?"
"Well mam, they're brown."
"But brown chickens come from brown eggs."
"Well... no not really."
"Yes! I'm sure, I read it somewhere."

my boss was curious when I told him I had chickens, and he asked me how its possible that I know that there are no baby chicks in the eggs I collect and sell. This was after I had already explained I have no rooster and I collect the eggs at 7 am every single day no matter what!!

so I explained some more. He truly did not know that a hen could lay eggs without a rooster
hmm.png

I offered him some eggs and he twisted his face and said uh no thanks, don't think I could eat those, yet he eats eggs at work all the time,
lol.png

i've heard people say that chickens don't have personalities ...... wrong some of our chickens love us while some don't like us at all

Quote:
I had a lady ask me if the blue and green eggs are only laid during easter
th.gif

Oh of coarse they are only laid during easter, the hens just have to check their calendar to make sure it's time to spray paint the eggs!

Back
Top Bottom