What Are We? Breed and Sex...

agentzoey

In the Brooder
10 Years
Feb 21, 2009
Oregon
I got eggs from a farm where they didn't separate the breeds. This was an incubation project for my daughter's school.
Any guesses? And thank you!

The brown one w/tufts on its cheeks, "Mei Mei" looks like an Americauna to me but roo or pullet?
meimei.jpg

The darker brown one (who has an iridescent green tail feather) is "Chuck" or maybe "Charlotte"?
chuck.jpg

And the black one w/the poofy head, "Willow" (who I believe is part Silkie due to extra toes and a poof on the head) has always been sweet and lets us hold it but seems to be picking on the others. Roo or can we tell yet? Breed?
willow.jpg

willow2.jpg

The third picture, "Silver" I just don't know what it is
smile.png

silver.jpg

What a fun mix of birds!! LOVE the poofy headed barred one named Willow -- so crazy!
big_smile.png

First one looks like my EE pullets at about that age, but I've also had slow-to-mature males look like that as well. Maybe I'm seeing some longer saddle feathers? If so... roo...

Same with Chuck... longer saddle feathers? Hard to tell... What a character tho!

The first 2 are cockerels. Pic 1 is an EE, pic 2 and 3 are silkie crosses. The last one is a pullet, can you get a full body shot?

Thanks both of you!
I will go out and see if they'll cooperate for another photo shoot
smile.png

So, do we think #3 (Willow) is a pullet? If she is, she's kind of mean to the others.
Stay tuned.
wink.png

Ok....here's more:

Full body shot of Silver:

IMG00290.jpg

Willow again cuz what's the sex?

IMG00300.jpg

And I added funny little Sunny for fun:
IMG00295.jpg

Thanks everyone!

silver looks like a boy to me and willow looks like he might be getting sickle feathers in? (they are narrow pointy feathers)
and sunny is a pretty girl
big_smile.png

I think you're right Julie...I always had a sneaking suspicion since Silver was a couple weeks old that he was a "he" So that means out of 9 we have 5 cockerels!
Thanks everyone for your help
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom