What are you baking now?

I made this recipe, but I didn't want to do muffins, so I put it in a loaf pan and made bread out of it instead.  It's delicious!

The chocolate muffin recipie freezes very well and tastes the same after thawing. I put mine in a zip lock and microwave it.

You might like this Blueberry Zucchini Muffin Recipie too.
I used rice milk instead of dairy. and replaced 1/4 cup white sugar with applesauce. Also used walnuts instead of pecans, half oat flour and half wheat flour..and regular vegetable oil not olive oil,
Totally good!

Couldn't get the pic to upload ....must be copyrighted

Original recipe makes 12 muffins
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup milk
1 egg
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup shredded zucchini
1/2 cup fresh blueberries
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Last edited:

The chocolate muffin recipie freezes very well and tastes the same after thawing. I put mine in a zip lock and microwave it.

You might like this Blueberry Zucchini Muffin Recipie too.
I used rice milk instead of dairy. and replaced 1/4 cup white sugar with applesauce. Also used walnuts instead of pecans, half oat flour and half wheat flour..and regular vegetable oil not olive oil,
Totally good!

Couldn't get the pic to upload ....must be copyrighted

Original recipe makes 12 muffins
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup milk
1 egg
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup shredded zucchini
1/2 cup fresh blueberries
1/2 cup chopped pecans​

applesauce lets you cut back on oil too.

Thanks for the recipe!

If you have sourdough starter, these are fantastic! My husbands favorite on a chilly morning. I like to use my fresh ground wheat for 1/2 of the flour, it adds a nice heartiness to the muffins. Best if you eat them warm, but they do reheat nicely.

Bacon Cheddar Sourdough Muffins
3 strip bacon fried and chopped
1/2 c shredded Cheddar cheese
1 3/4 c flour
1/4 c sugar
2 1/2 tsp baking powder use 2 1/4 for high altitude
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg
1/2 c milk

1/2 c sourdough starter
1/2 c oil

Mix dry ingredients in bowl.
Beat eggs in bowl, stir in rest of wet ingredients.
Add wet ingredients to bowl with dry ingredients, stir just until moistened.
Add bacon and cheese.
Fill well greased muffin tin cups.
Makes 12 muffins.

Bake 20 min. @ 350 degrees.

Last edited:
If you have sourdough starter, these are fantastic! My husbands favorite on a chilly morning. I like to use my fresh ground wheat for 1/2 of the flour, it adds a nice heartiness to the muffins. Best if you eat them warm, but they do reheat nicely.

Bacon Cheddar Sourdough Muffins
3 strip bacon fried and chopped
1/2 c shredded Cheddar cheese
1 3/4 c flour
1/4 c sugar
2 1/2 tsp baking powder use 2 1/4 for high altitude
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg
1/2 c milk or enough to completely moisten the dry ingredients
1/2 c oil

Mix dry ingredients in bowl.
Beat eggs in bowl, stir in rest of wet ingredients.
Add wet ingredients to bowl with dry ingredients, stir just until moistened.
Add bacon and cheese.
Fill well greased muffin tin cups.
Makes 12 muffins.

Bake 20 min. @ 350 degrees.

When does the sourdough starter get added?

Sourdough biscuits:

Sourdough BISCUITS

1 tb Active Dry Yeast 1 c Sourdough starter
1 1/4 c Water-Lukewarm 5 c Bread flour
1/3 c Sugar Melted butter or Margarine
3/4 ts Salt

If you desire dissolve the yeast in warm water with a little sugar till bubbly. Sourdough is a yeast but rises
faster with added commercial yeast. In a large mixing bowl add sugar, salt, sourdough starter, yeast and
flour. Cover; set in warm spot and let rise until double. Punch down and turn out onto floured work
surface. Roll out to 3/4 inch thickness. Cut with biscuit cutter. Dip both sides in butter or oil, and place on
well-greased baking sheet. Let rise 15 min. Bake at 425 - 20 min. or until golden brown.

Last edited:
Thanks for the biscuit recipe - I was looking for a good one to try.

Sorry about the muffin recipe - my recipe program deleted the line for the starter, because it doesn't have sourdough starter in its ingredient database. Stupid program, but I have fixed that!

It is 1/2 cup of starter and added in with the rest of the wet ingredients. If your starter is really thick, you can add up to 3/4 cup of the starter for an even more pronounced flavor, but don't get it too moist or they will be really crumbly. (I edited my original post of the recipe to add the starter, thanks for catching the goof).

Thanks for the biscuit recipe - I was looking for a good one to try.

Sorry about the muffin recipe - my recipe program deleted the line for the starter, because it doesn't have sourdough starter in its ingredient database. Stupid program, but I have fixed that!

It is 1/2 cup of starter and added in with the rest of the wet ingredients. If your starter is really thick, you can add up to 3/4 cup of the starter for an even more pronounced flavor, but don't get it too moist or they will be really crumbly. (I edited my original post of the recipe to add the starter, thanks for catching the goof).
Thanks!

I will try the muffins soon.

I am baking a chocolate and coffee cake. It's my entire family's favorite and more importantly it's really simple to make. Here you go with the recipe.

1 3/4 cups plain flour
2 cups white sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons bicarb soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 cup strong black coffee
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla essence

Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease and flour two 23cm round cake tins or one 20x30cm tin. Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, bicarb soda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and make a well in the center of the mix. Add eggs, coffee, buttermilk, oil and vanilla and beat for 2 minutes on medium speed.
Pour into prepared pans. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes then remove from tins and finish cooling on a wire rack. Fill and ice as desired.

I am baking a chocolate and coffee cake. It's my entire family's favorite and more importantly it's really simple to make. Here you go with the recipe.

1 3/4 cups plain flour
2 cups white sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons bicarb soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 cup strong black coffee
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla essence

Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease and flour two 23cm round cake tins or one 20x30cm tin. Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, bicarb soda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and make a well in the center of the mix. Add eggs, coffee, buttermilk, oil and vanilla and beat for 2 minutes on medium speed.
Pour into prepared pans. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes then remove from tins and finish cooling on a wire rack. Fill and ice as desired.

Thanks for the recipe!

Back
Top Bottom