What are you baking now?

I have been following the canning thread for awhile but just now found this one. Good grief!! All these pages I have to read back through to see what I missed
he.gif

My 3 older daughters are coming tomorrow and I making Dirt Cake and Calzones for dinner but I made some sticky buns today. We will have those with some scrambled eggs for breakfast tomorrow.

Praline Sticky Buns

Dough
1-1/4 cups warm tap water
3 tablespoons white sugar
3 tablespoons powdered milk
3 tablespoons sour cream
1 teaspoons salt
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 egg
3-3/4 cup bread flour
2 teaspoons instant yeast

Place ingredients into bread machine in the order listed and select the dough cycle.

Prepare the pan:
Non-stick spray oil
1/2 stick butter, melted
1/2-cup light brown sugar
1-teaspoon cinnamon
1/3-cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup chopped pecans
Spray a 9”x13” baking pan very well with non-stick cooking spray then pour in the melted butter and tilt the pan to spread the butter all over the pan. Sprinkle the pan evenly with the brown sugar and cinnamon; then drizzle the corn syrup evenly all over the pan. Sprinkle evenly with the chopped pecans.

Roll out the dough:
1/2 stick of butter, melted
1/2-cup light brown sugar
1-teaspoon cinnamon
1/3-cup light corn syrup
When the dough has risen to the top of the pan in the bread machine turn it out on a well-floured counter and roll it out to a thickness of 1/4 inch. Spread the melted butter and the rest of the ingredients evenly over the dough. Roll the dough and pinch to seal the edges. Cut the dough into 12 equal pieces and lay them cut side up into the prepared pan. Allow the dough to rise until almost double and bake in a 325° oven for 40 minutes or until it reaches an internal temperature of 190°. Allow the buns to cool in the pan for 5 minutes then turn them out into a larger foil covered pan. Cool and cover with foil.

PralineStickyBuns001.jpg

I absolutely LOVE
love.gif
sticky buns!!
droolin.gif
I'm going to have to make some using your recipe, 'cept I like raisin sticky buns yum yum

Jen

Quote:

We had on heck of a day yesterday. The kids came over with their families and I had made all the dips and snacks ahead so set them all out on the table and I started making the dough for the Calzones. I got two large Calzones put together and went to check my oven and nothing... No heat no fire nothing... So I called the gas company and they said a line had broken and they had no idea when the gas would be back on. OH GREAT!!!

So DH pulls the smoker up to the house (we had it hooked up to the smokehouse to smoke some sausage we had made) and got it fired up... we cooked the Calzones on the smoker and they were really good. I had no idea they would be good cooked on a wood fire but I figured it was better than nothing. The bottoms got a little charred but they were very tasty. You live and learn!!

Quote:
I hope you enjoy them... They are my favorite, DH prefers my Cinnamon Bun Babka but I like the sticky buns.

This is the Babka...

Cinnamon Bun Babka

***Dough***
2 heaping tablespoons white sugar
1/3-cup honey
1/2 stick butter (chopped)
1-teaspoon salt
1-1/4 cups scalded milk
2/3-cup cool water
2 large eggs beaten
5-1/2 cups all-purpose flour (If you can find bread flour you can use that and skip the gluten)
3 heaping tablespoons vital wheat gluten (I get mine at Walmart)
2-1/2 teaspoons or 1 packet of yeast

***Put the first 5 ingredients into the bread machine in the order listed. Stir with a rubber spatula until the butter is melted.
***Add the rest of the ingredients in the order listed and select the dough cycle. When the machine first starts you will need to use the rubber spatula to help mix the flour and the liquid or it won't mix well. Just stir with the rubber spatula until all the flour is moistened.
***While you wait for the dough cycle to finish, make your filling and preheat the oven to 325°. Spray a sheet pan with spray-oil, cover with wax paper or parchment paper and spray again.

***Filling***
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2-cup flour
1-tablespoon cinnamon
1/2-cup butter (I use real butter here-I've never tried margarine)
***Mix dry ingredients together, cut in butter. Place in refrigerator until needed.

***Once the dough has doubled in size, turn it out onto a floured surface. Coat with flour so it doesn't stick to your hands or the counter. Roll the dough into a large rectangle, 12x24 inches. Spread the filling evenly over the dough and roll up jelly roll style so that you end up with a 24-inch long roll. Pinch the edges to seal.
***Starting at one end and working your way down the dough a little at a time, twist the dough as though you were wringing out a dishtowel; the roll will get longer as you twist it. Do this gently as not to tear the dough but well enough that it is well twisted and almost doubled in length.
***Then coil the dough around like a pinwheel creating a super large cinnamon roll, tucking the loose end of the dough under so it doesn't unravel. Brush dough very well with melted butter to prevent a skin from forming and let dough rest for 10 minutes, then bake at 325° for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until the Babka is golden brown.
***Make a glaze out of powdered sugar, water and a little vanilla. Drizzle this over the Babka and let it cool.

CinnamonBunBabka003.jpg

CinnamonBunBabka006.jpg

Four loaves of Gump's Bread! 2 stuffed with cheese & salami, one stuffed with cheese, pineapple & Canadian bacon and a "dessert" loaf made like cinnamon rolls with apple slices & walnuts mixed in! We've already devoured a salami roll, they're delicious.

Back
Top Bottom