What are you baking now?

So, what did you use as the dough for the hot pockets? What was the filling? That look delicious.

The dough is Grands style biscuits, I flatten and stretch them as much as possible into an oblong shape. The filling is a basic burger, onion, garlic, mushroom with any type of seasonings you like, when cooked add a can on cream of mushroom or cream of chicken or even cream of celery soup. (really you could make your burger mix any style with any ingredients that you like, your binder is your cream soup) Place a heap onto each flattened biscuit, sprinkle with your favorite cheese, fold over and waalaa... hot pockets!! I also sprinkle the top with a touch of garlic salt right before baking. Bake 12-15 minutes and they are ready to eat.
big_smile.png

Ok I am actually not baking, but one is a dessert. I bake at work all day, tonight I am off and actually using the stove top. Tapioca pudding as dessert and deer chilli with argentinian melbec syrah wine. I need to stop sampling and remember to stir before stuff burns lol

I just made some delicious bread rolls (completely from scratch), white hot chocolate (from scratch), and white cupcakes (not from scratch). This morning I also made homemade doughnuts, but using whole wheat didn't work, it made them crumble into pieces. So that wasn't a success but I will try again someday!

Ok I finally finished the thread.
th.gif
ya.gif

So I was watching "create channel ' yesterday and came in on the end of someone making "BACON CANDY", so since I Love bacon I had to google to see if I could find it anywhere. Came up with this on KitchenDaily.com.

Directions

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
Slice bacon into 1/2 inch strips and dredge in brown sugar until thoroughly coated.
Crumple aluminum foil to allow for grease drainage and place it on a baking sheet. Lay out the bacon on this making sure not to overlap pieces.
Bake until crispy. Allow to cool and harden before serving.

I saw enough of the TV Recipe to know that they baked the bacon in full pieces, allowed it to cool and THEN used kitchen scissors to cut it into 1/2" pices which looked easier than handling all those tiny pieces of raw bacon. Don't know if it's the same recipe tho. Gonna try it soon.

I made rolls out of my Milk and Honey bread recipe...posted it awhile back. Found out where the hot spots in my oven are...as you can see from the random burned rolls.
roll.png

I also made homemade butter because I LOVE butter and I had cream leftover from making ice cream the other day.

Back
Top Bottom