What are you baking now?

Oddly enough, I don't really like just the dough. When it's the raw dough, they don't seem to have a ton of flavor to me, but once they're baked they're awesome. A triple batch can't hurt though.
big_smile.png

hmmm. I have looked and looked... can you tell me what page the recipe is on. I can't find it!!!
he.gif

I found it!!!!!! pg 311 :)
ya.gif

Last edited:
hmmm. I have looked and looked... can you tell me what page the recipe is on. I can't find it!!!
he.gif

I found it!!!!!! pg 311 :)
ya.gif

Sorry, I've been at work all day or I would have answered you earlier...but I'm glad you found it. I also didn't realize it was THAT many pages back...oops.

YESTERDAY was a busy day for me...

First I made egg bread...

Then cinnamon rolls with a vanilla glaze...

Then I canned some cinnamon apple jelly ...

Then I made a Lemon Chiffon cake with a lemon glaze...

Last thing I did before I called it a day was made a loaf of herb bread....

It was all made in one day! Next thing I will be baking is a french toast casserole.... I put it together the night before. The next morning you take it out of the frig and toss it in the oven for a delicious breakfast
smile.png
Everyone have a good night !

Your have been very busy. Reminds me of the Baking Day from Little House in the Woods(the book before Little House on the Prairie)

Ron

YESTERDAY was a busy day for me...

First I made egg bread...

Then cinnamon rolls with a vanilla glaze...

Then I canned some cinnamon apple jelly ...

Then I made a Lemon Chiffon cake with a lemon glaze...

Last thing I did before I called it a day was made a loaf of herb bread....

It was all made in one day! Next thing I will be baking is a french toast casserole.... I put it together the night before. The next morning you take it out of the frig and toss it in the oven for a delicious breakfast
smile.png
Everyone have a good night !

Cinnamon Apple Jelly

7 cups unsweetend apple juice
1 cup red cinnamon candies
(These were hard for me to find... You can find them at Christmas and Valentines.
Brachs makes them. They are called Cinnamon Imperials.)

8 cups sugar
1 box sure jell

Place apple juice and cinnamon candies into a 6 to 8 quart saucepan.

Prepare canning jars by placing them on a rack in a canner or large sauce pot of boiling water. The water should cover the jars by 1 to 2 inches. Cover the canner and bring the water to a boil. Boil 10 minutes. Remove the jars from the canner. Let the jars stand to cool slightly.... They should still be warm when you go to pour the jelly in the jars, but not so hot that you can't handle them ....

Stir fruit pectin (sure jell) into fruit juice in sauce pan with candies. Bring mixture to a full rolling boil on high heat, stirring constantly. QUICKLY, have it measured and waiting, stir in ALL sugar. RETURN to a full rolling boil and boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.

Remove from heat. Skim off any foam with a metal spoon. Laddle quickly into prepared Warm jars, filling to within 1/8 inch of tops. WIPE jar rims and threads. Cover with two piece lids. Process in a boiling water bath for 5 minutes.

YEILD... 12 half pint jars...

Yum!! Thanks!!!:weee

Could I put it onto freezer safe canning jars instead of actually canning it??
I don't have a canner yet...:(

Last edited:
Yum!! Thanks!!!
wee.gif

Could I put it onto freezer safe canning jars instead of actually canning it??
I don't have a canner yet...
sad.png

You don't need a canner to do this recipe.. . A LARGE pot, deep enough to cover the tops of the jars with a couple of inches of water is all you need. You are doing a boiling water bath... You can do that in any pot that is deep enough.

You don't  need a canner to do this recipe.. .  A LARGE pot, deep enough to cover the tops of the jars with a couple of inches of water is all you need.  You are doing a boiling water bath... You can do that in any pot that is deep enough.  

So I fill up the pot with enough water to cover the jars tops? No liquid will leak inside?:oops:
I dummy...I don't understand..sorry..:oops:
I really want to try this...and I think I saw those cinnamon candies at Walmart..

Back
Top Bottom