What are you canning now?

I have a recipe for blue berry / sweet cherry jam.

What kind of "sweet cherries" do I buy.

I bought a bunch of blue berries cuz I felt bad for the girls who were selling them. So now I have blue berries to do up.

Tomorrow blueberry raspberry jam being done. Maybe tonight if I can't sleep.

I have a recipe for blue berry / sweet cherry jam.

What kind of "sweet cherries" do I buy.

I bought a bunch of blue berries cuz I felt bad for the girls who were selling them. So now I have blue berries to do up.

Tomorrow blueberry raspberry jam being done. Maybe tonight if I can't sleep.
A man of my own heart. Good for you!
hugs.gif
You made the girls feel better and now you have blueberry muffins to make! win win!

VFEM used to make her own pectin. Go back on this about two years and there were lots of post on how to do it. Or do a search. Lucky you!
What a great idea! I have a ton of blackberries I will be needing this for!

Thanks!

Apple butter is the best!
I usually make apple butter, but was looking for something different....apple butter with a twist!

A man of my own heart. Good for you!
hugs.gif
You made the girls feel better and now you have blueberry muffins to make! win win!

Well I just did up some Rasp. / Blue berry jam and it's pretty good. It didn't call for Sure Jell but I used it anyhow cuz things just don't set the way I wish. Only thing is, is I think it changed the taste a bit. Not sure I like it. Perhaps I just don't know how to test the set very well.

The plan tomorrow is to make the Sweet Cherry Blue berry and send DW and DD to pick raspberries if they still can. Didn't see many at the farmers market today and what was there were few and far between. Also expensive. Lots of blue berries though. And peaches and cherries, sweet and sour.

Lots of baked goods, jellies and jams.

Can anyone tell me how to know whether wild grapes are good to use for jelly or not. I've read there are two kinds but which is which. We have some here and I'm sure there would be enough for a batch of jelly at least.

Can anyone come right out and tell me what wild grapes look like? Or how to tell safe wild grapes? I don't want to know about Moon seed or any other non edible plants. Just wild grapes.

I've been around the internet and it has not done anything but to tick me off. Why can't the just come right out and say what's what?

Sometimes I think folks who post these videos are teacher wannabe's. Either that or they just like to see themselves on the internet. I'm not interested in learning to grow grapes or all the different kinds of grapes there are in the world, I just wanna know if the things I have growing in my woods/yard are grapes or not.

Why can't they just come right out and say, "This is what wild grapes look like". Just the facts ma'am, just the facts.

Thanks for anyone who can help.

Back
Top Bottom