What are you canning now?

Yum! Do you have a press to make the cider?

Yummy! I'll have to try that some time.

Nope. Wife has a juicer. We just ran the apples through that. Then just strained through one of my tshirts as it had a LOT of pulp still.

My grandfather had a press though. Still remember drinking apple cider straight from the press.

Yup, you might need to fence the area off and prevent the deer access. THe peaches also need a couple trees for pollinating. Yum!!! Soap can keepthe deer away-- can't remember wish one though. A common brand though. Like zest.

Not all peaches need two+ trees. We've got just one tree and this year it was LOADED!

Nope. Wife has a juicer. We just ran the apples through that. Then just strained through one of my tshirts as it had a LOT of pulp still.

My grandfather had a press though. Still remember drinking apple cider straight from the press.

When I make Apple jelly I run it through a food mill then a sheet of cheese cloth. Squeeze all the juice out and put it in the fridge to sit over night. All the pulp settles then I just pour it through "two" sheets of cheese cloth. A bit of work but worth it.

We picked apples for the sauce but I think some of the wild apples out there would do just fine for jelly. My neighbors have a tree. Said I could have all the apples I want and I may just take them up on it.

I got offered some Concord Grapes.
celebrate.gif
I'll give her some free eggs if I get them!

Back
Top Bottom