What are you reading

I'm reading the Golden Compass. I admit I bought the whole series out of curiosity. I had heard many different versions of what the plot was and they were all so scandalous, I needed to find out for myself.

So far, none of the versions I've heard have been correct. I do have a couple of friends, who will absolutely not buy it or read it, but I'm supposed to report back to them to let them know if it's as bad as they've heard.

I'm almost done with the first book and haven't gotten to anything religious at all. But the story is enthralling. I bet the movie is going to suck.

Cassandra

herechickchick- I have been wanting to read 1776, I almost got it the last time at the book store, but get The Boys of Pointe Du Hoc By Douglas Brinkley
instead. Let me know how you like 1776.

Monica

Im reading my Bible all the way through at the moment. I usually just picked a page and started reading, but I decided to read it all the way through now.

I just finished reading My Steve by Terri Irwin, and it was a good book. My sister bought me her other book, and another Steve Irwin book, so I'll be reading them when they arrive.

One series I've been reading for 5 years is The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan. I've read all 11 books twice, and Im on book 7 again. They are awesome books if you love magic and the fight between good and evil. Im waiting for book 12, but since he passed away earlier this year, it will take a while for his wife and others to finish it up. But seriously, I would recommend these books in a heartbeat.

clap.gif
I just finished the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer. It was the most amazing book I have ever read!!!! Girls need to read it cuz you will fall in love with Edward, and boys need to read it to learn how to treat a girl
hugs.gif
. IT WAS AMAZING!!!
woot.gif

It's always fun to see who you share book interests with!

I used to be a voracious reader [when commuting on the el, it's a survival tactic to have a book in front of you!], but my knitting hobby now takes up most of my prime reading time. Nonetheless, I have two books I'm slowly reading right now.

The World without Us by Alan Weisman is a fascinating book pondering the question: what would happen to the planet if humans just went away? [Sorry to say, it wouldn't be good for our chickens or any other human-domesticated animal!] This is the hard cover book on my nightstand, so I only get to read a few pages before exhaustion overtakes me and I need to turn out the light.

The Art of Detection by Laurie R. King is a fiction detective novel, and the latest in the Kate Martinelli series. I never liked detective novels until I started reading Laurie R. King's Mary Russell series. Love her characters! This is the paperback book I carry around in my backpack (along with the heavy laptop, work files, etc.) to read during my commute when I just don't feel like knitting...which doesn't happen very often.

I see several great books and authors listed here.

I have 2 dogs and really like Patricia McConnell's writing on dogs. Other "dog-writing" favorites are Jon Katz, Stanley Coren, and Jean Donaldson.

Steven King's The Stand is a classic that I've tackled a couple times. He's a great writer who really knows how to ratchet up the tension and grab your attention!

I read the bible about 3 times straight through when I was younger (between 10-12 years old). Totally fascinating stuff, and some of it is really weird. The Old Testament in particular is full of some crazy stuff. Lot offered his virgin daughters to the mob in order to protect some angels. Interesting fathering approach...Then, after they fled the burning Sodom and Gomorra (sp?) his daughters got him drunk and had intercourse with their father in order to get pregnant...and that was just written down all matter of fact!!!

My parents used to think that it was really cool I showed all this interest in christianity by reading the bible. I guess now that I'm clearly not into their religion anymore, they don't see it as significant.

Patricia Cornwall 's Kay Scarpetta series, I just finished Nora Roberts blood brothers (great Book) also reading J.A, Jance's series web of evil. I just like regular whodunit.
love.gif

Owned by 12 RIR's, 1 pitt bull,1 poodle mix,1 yorkie,1 crabby gray cat, and (Still) babysitting 1 great dane

I'm reading Robin Hobb's Forest Mage, her newest book. i have a copy of the Omnivore's Dilema. but I'm afraid that if I read it, I'll never be able to go to the grocery store again. I am also reading the Kite Runner and will be starting a biography of Walis Spencer and Prince (King) Edward. I usually have several books going at a time. I love to read and I reread many books. I'm thinking of starting to read Anne of Green Gables to my boys. I read all kinds of books but I like science fiction.

Back
Top Bottom