WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? WHAT DID YOU JUST RECEIVE?

Todays Entry - I know i havent updated pics in the last two weeks so here they are.. the girls will be 7 weeks old tomorrow just took these.. not very good pics cause its rainy today and windy.. but it will do for now.. till i take better ones :)

at two  to three weeks the hens will have longer tail and wing feathers than the roos...

Are you sure? Does that apply across breeds?
I hatched out some EE over buff leghorn and some EE over Cockoo Maren. Here are a few pics at 9 days old.

I have 5 chicks either 3 are leghorn or 2 or 3 barred rock or 2 barred rock. I can not tell though, I thought barred rock chicks were black but mine are all yellow.. But the guy at tractor supply wrote the leghorn and barred rock on the box the chicks were in.

Last edited:
I have 5 chicks either 3 are leghorn or 2 or 3 barred rock or 2 barred rock. I can not tell though, I thought barred rock chicks were black but mine are all yellow.. But the guy at tractor supply wrote the leghorn and barred rock on the box the chicks were in.

Some problems with TSC have been reported. You should check out the thread on it.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/454249/tractor-supply-chicks

Yes Barred Rock chicks are black with white on them. I think he miss labeled them. Maybe he meant White Plymouth Rocks?

Hi,
I did get 2 orders put in through Cackle Hatchery since they are in Missouri and I am as well.
First the guineas total of 15 that will not be here until mid June. I will be happy to post pics as soon
as I get them along with other info.
The second order I placed was for 10 White crested black Polish chickens and 5 Splash LF (don't know what LF is for just getting started with chickens)
They won't come in until June I think I don't have my confirmed date on them yet.
There again I will take pics and post with info once I do get them.

First time and soooo very over the top excited!!!!!!!!!!

Hi,
I did get 2 orders put in through Cackle Hatchery since they are in Missouri and I am as well.
First the guineas total of 15 that will not be here until mid June. I will be happy to post pics as soon
as I get them along with other info.
The second order I placed was for 10 White crested black Polish chickens and 5 Splash LF (don't know what LF is for just getting started with chickens)
They won't come in until June I think I don't have my confirmed date on them yet.
There again I will take pics and post with info once I do get them.

First time and soooo very over the top excited!!!!!!!!!!

I also ordered from Cackle Hatchery, I'm in Michigan. I was excited to see their variety as well as good prices. I have 15 Appenzeller Spitzhauben and 5 Golden Laced Cochins along with 3 Blue Swedish ducks coming in on the 28th of this month. I am excited to see how they compare to my 6 TSC chicks and one Feed Store chick I already purchased. Chicken math got the best of me! I can email you and let you know how the order arrived, condition and quality if you want. They should arrive around the 1st I hope.

Last edited:
I also ordered from Cackle Hatchery, I'm in Michigan. I was excited to see their variety as well as good prices. I have 15 Appenzeller Spitzhauben and 5 Golden Laced Cochins along with 3 Blue Swedish ducks coming in on the 28th of this month. I am excited to see how they compare to my 6 TSC chicks and one Feed Store chick I already purchased. Chicken math got the best of me! I can email you and let you know how the order arrived, condition and quality if you want. They should arrive around the 1st I hope.

Oh yes please let me know the quality. I would also like to know if they send extras and
how your post office contacts you. Shewsh that was a lot of excitement that bubbled!
My email is [email protected]

thank you,

Back
Top Bottom