What are your New Year's Resolutions?

To buy "Made in USA," if I buy new.
To buy local.
To buy used, second hand as much as possible.
Decrease waste, and get rid of excess.
To eat organic as much as possible.

To have more fun this year than I had last year.
goodpost.gif

I'm so glad to see others pushing back to buy local and support fellow Americans (for those of us in the U.S.). That was my resolution for 2012 and I am happy to say, I did quite a bit of buying local and American made!
woot.gif

Resolutions for 2013? To not lose heart, as I watch my country go down the drain, and keep my joy and focus on the eternal things of Christ instead. I think 2013 is going to test that resolution quite a bit.

Happy New Year, everyone!
celebrate.gif

I'm so glad to see others pushing back to buy local and support fellow Americans (for those of us in the U.S.). That was my resolution for 2012 and I am happy to say, I did quite a bit of buying local and American made!
woot.gif

Resolutions for 2013? To not lose heart, as I watch my country go down the drain, and keep my joy and focus on the eternal things of Christ instead. I think 2013 is going to test that resolution quite a bit.

Happy New Year, everyone!
celebrate.gif
goodpost.gif
Wow! I love the positive vibes from everyone!

Enjoy the time I have with my family,and remind them that every day is indeed a gift that can be taken away....so don't sweat the small stuff.

Prep the house for sale,but live in it like we are staying

Make the yard a fun place to hang out.

Stop using the credit card for any thing other than gas.

Lose enough weight to get off BP meds.

Pay off the house and car early.

Downsize the pets and livestock,because it is just beyond our means to support them all.

Less lawn and more garden.

To not repeat 2012

I couldn't agree more!

I just want 2013 to go by slower. 2012 is a blur we were so busy!

I'm not even ready for Halloween yet and it's already New Years... where did the time go?

Enjoy the time I have with my family,and remind them that every day is indeed a gift that can be taken away....so don't sweat the small stuff.

Make the yard a fun place to hang out.

Downsize the pets and livestock,because it is just beyond our means to support them all.

Less lawn and more garden.

I already enjoy he time I have with my husband.. and we stopped sweating the small stuff years ago

I do need to work on the yard more.. someday I would love to have a "deer and cow proof" garden.. so I need to figure out some kind of way to make that work. Here in Texas our "lawn" isn't much of a lawn.. but I am still working on soil amendment and hoping the weather cooperates enough that the lawn and garden do better.

My husband and I already talked about downsizing the critters. Not because of cost.. but because there are just so many to tend to and my shoulder isn't getting any better. A stray dog took out 17 of our rabbits a few weeks ago.. I can't blame the dog since someone dumped him off.. but still.. it wasn't appreciated by us or the rabbits!

I hope everyone can achieve at least most of their resolutions... I know it's never easy.. but at least we can try

Happy New Year everyone! Lets hope 2013 is better than 2012 was

2012 resolution was to be more reasonable with my limitations. I sold my piano because I don't play it, I got rid of clothing I will never be young enough to wear again, and I hired help for projects that I don't have the skills/ tools to do myself, among other things. It's working great, and I'll continue it,

This year will be harder. I'm tired of arguing with people about drunk driving, respect, etc., because I won't change their minds. They don't get smarter and I don't get happier, and I feel like I'm becomming a self-rightous jerk by being so firmly convicted to my beliefs. So this year I have resolved to suffer fools. It will mean more deep breaths and about faces, and I will be praying a LOT more.

Back
Top Bottom