What breed and gender are my chickens?

HJMisquez

Chirping
6 Years
Jun 3, 2016
Crowley, TX
My Coop
My Coop
I have a few breeds. I'm pretty sure I have 2 silkies and 4 australorps but I have no idea what my white chickens are. Also, some guesses on sex would help me out. I am afraid I may have 4 roos and I only want one. I don't have enough hens or room for hens for two. By law i can only have two but no more than 12 total chickens. So, one rooster it is. Even thoughI like both. I'm getting bummed because i just cant tell if theyre roos or just growing faster than others. Please help me.

Fuzzee

Top is Theodore
Bottom is Felicia

Left is Fuzzee
Right is Theodore

Felicia

Brown is Fuzzee
Top white is Henrietta
Bottom white is Florette
Standing roo? is El Jefe
Sitting roo? is Theodore
Hiding behind El Jefe is Fifi (said like Feefee)
Felicia is to the right of Fifi
Beta is by their old perching stick

Theodore behind
Henrietta? is in front (this may be a Henry)

Florette

Henrietta

Henrietta

Henrietta

Last edited:
And by the way - if you can have twelve chickens, two roosters and ten hens would be fine. If they start fighting you might want to rehome one eventually, but I think two would work though it isn't the ideal number of hens.

And welcome to BYC!

I am going to try to hang on to two for as long as they don't fight but I worry a little that the hen will lose their back feathers having to roosters.

I know their living conditions aren't ideal at the moment. My husband and I just built our house and I am saving to get them a coop and run in two weeks. So, I built the enclosure they're in now as a temporary shelter.

i see come roosters in our flock not sure about the Silkies though if the combs are red its a rooster if a pale peach color it is a hen there comb don't turn red until they start to lay eggs

Last edited:
I know their living conditions aren't ideal at the moment. My husband and I just built our house and I am saving to get them a coop and run in two weeks. So, I built the enclosure they're in now as a temporary shelter.

I didn't mean the living conditions aren't ideal, I meant ten hens for two roosters isn't the ideal number but would work. Sorry if that didn't come through clear! The enclosure you have them in now looks fine to me as a temporary setup.
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom