What breed are they?

The cockerel has a columbian type of pattern.
But the eyes and legs look EE.
A cross of some kind is my guess.
Your bantam cross is cute.
I have a hen that’s a bantam/LF cross.
She’s black with a little red bleeding through on her throat area.
Her name is Birdie and she’s an excellent layer!
I was thinking the same thing about the columbian coloring. I know my little bantam is soooooo small and I have a couple turkeys that she thinks are her mom it's so cute. They are huge and she it's so tiny. I call her minnie! Awe I bet yours is cute! Love the little eggs.

Sure! Here is Carl my life rooster. We lost his brother to a raccoon . Some of my girls. I know the white one and laced ones are not the momma. I have a few others that are like the red/ orange hen. View attachment 1464875 View attachment 1464870
Your rooster looks like an old english game bantam cross. Are you sure the wyandotte (black and white laced hen) isn't the mother? The red sexlink (red and white hen) can't be the mother because she has the wrong comb type. Do you have any other chickens with rose combs (like the wyandotte)?

The laced one lays a different colored egg than what the chick came out of I'm pretty positive. Here are the other two hens. The darker one is the only other possibility because the light colored hen lays green eggs and chick didn't come from a green egg either. Sorry I'm not good with what's dominate in hens and rooster and all the breed types! Thanks for responding! Very interesting and fun learning about the breeds, crosses and barn yard mixes.
Your rooster looks like an old english game bantam cross. Are you sure the wyandotte (black and white laced hen) isn't the mother? The red sexlink (red and white hen) can't be the mother because she has the wrong comb type. Do you have any other chickens with rose combs (like the wyandotte)?

Opps here are pictures
20180713_150020.jpg
20180713_150042.jpg

Back
Top Bottom