What breed are we?? Ducklings..

mamaboyd

Songster
12 Years
Jun 6, 2007
Kendal.Ontario,Canada
So far that I know of I have 3 black Swedish Ducklings, at least 1 Blue Swedish Duckiling ( from me doing lots of googling last night), and than the last 3, I am not sure what they are. There is one that is all yellow/greenish/beige, and than the other is yellow/greenish/beige and is taller and leaner than the others. They are in the center and back of the picture. Does anyone have any guesses?

Okay, they don't look as greenish in the pics as they do in real.
smile.png

100_3000.jpg

100_2999.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats!

So Cute!

Well A few may be Swedish, havent been around many ducklings except my own, so thats my best guess:)

Funny, I was going to say they must be some kind of "cute." I guess I'm not the only one to suggest that.

Well there are two that look like a rouen or a mallard mixed with something, probably a white duck (pekin, fawn & white runner????).

Similar to the comment by Goat_Walker -- I've only seen rouen ducklings -- so I can't really say for sure.

Thanks, they are cute aren't they!! I was hoping for a Rouen but the guy I got them from told me he didn't have any Rouens there, but maybe he was wrong. I probably have some mixed ducks as the guy had so many different types running around together
lol.png
but I don't mind This is my first experience with ducks so I haven't a clue really except for the black swedish.
I have 3 muscovy's in the bator right now and one of them pipped last night on day 32.
wee.gif

I'm gonna guess 1 0r 2 are mutts. The one that looks rouen could either be a mallard, wood duck, or muscovy cross. The red one might be a red muscovy duckling. I only say that because Muscovies are the only type i know of that can have red fuzz. Here's a pic of 1:
redMuscovy_duck.jpg

Aww... that pic is so cute!!
smile.png

I keep looking at the pics I posted and I'm wondering if there is a way to tell by the size/shape of the bills?? Some are short, some are long and some start higher up on the face....if I'm making any sense at all
hmm.png

P.S. Bantyhugger, did your red muscovy go the whole 35 day incubating? It looks alot like my one duckling, but it came around day 24 .

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom