What breed could Kyle be?

Chicken combs can be many different shapes. Some have tall skinny points like the kind of comb you might use on your hair, but some "combs" are very different shapes. Wyandottes have a comb shape called a "rose comb" that looks just like what your rooster has now. It is wide and thick, not tall and skinny.

That comb is part of why several of us think your rooster is at least part Wyandotte. It does not look like a damaged comb, it just looks like a rose comb.
Oh ok! I wonder what other breed? I was photo googling him, and he kind of looks like a Russian howler?

What's EE?
EE is Easter Egger.

It means any chicken that lays blue or green eggs but does not belong to any specific pure breed. It also includes roosters who carry the genes for those egg colors, and it often includes hens that were "supposed" to lay blue or green eggs even if they actually lay brown/tan/pinkish eggs (a few of those tend to pop up in hatchery flocks of Easter Eggers.)

Oh ok! I wonder what other breed? I was photo googling him, and he kind of looks like a Russian howler?
I really don't know what other breed might be involved. There are many breeds that could possibly be involved.

He does not have a crest (feathers that stick up on the head), or feathered feet, or a beard on the face, so probably not any breeds with those traits. But that still leaves LOTS of possibilities.

I really don't know what other breed might be involved. There are many breeds that could possibly be involved.

He does not have a crest (feathers that stick up on the head), or feathered feet, or a beard on the face, so probably not any breeds with those traits. But that still leaves LOTS of possibilities.
Sorry yurlov crower I got when i googled

Back
Top Bottom