What breed could Kyle be?

His comb might have froze off. Before I got him, I was sure he had a comb in pic.
Chicken combs can be many different shapes. Some have tall skinny points like the kind of comb you might use on your hair, but some "combs" are very different shapes. Wyandottes have a comb shape called a "rose comb" that looks just like what your rooster has now. It is wide and thick, not tall and skinny.

That comb is part of why several of us think your rooster is at least part Wyandotte. It does not look like a damaged comb, it just looks like a rose comb.

Chicken combs can be many different shapes. Some have tall skinny points like the kind of comb you might use on your hair, but some "combs" are very different shapes. Wyandottes have a comb shape called a "rose comb" that looks just like what your rooster has now. It is wide and thick, not tall and skinny.

That comb is part of why several of us think your rooster is at least part Wyandotte. It does not look like a damaged comb, it just looks like a rose comb.
Thankyou!

He reminds me of a Silver Laced Wyandotte, although I don't think he looks quite right for a purebred. Maybe a mix of Silver Laced Wyandotte and something else.

Are you talking about eggs laid by his daughters? Or eggs from hens that look like him and might be related to him? Yes, either of those would be helpful for guessing whether he's part Easter Egger.

Or are you talking about eggs from the hens he mates with? A hen does not lay different color eggs when she mates with one rooster or another.
Thankyou

Back
Top Bottom