WHAT BREED IARE THESE TWO?

TitiBebbs

Songster
12 Years
Mar 26, 2007
BlueBelle is one of our hens. She has the sweetest temperament and lays very large medium-brown eggs. Dad has decoded that she's a (I think) New Hampshire Red, but he's full of thoughts about things that are usually wrong, especially when it comes to my chickens.

DSC00421.jpg

Here she is. She is such a sweetheart.

This one is Blondie. He's quite reserved personality-wise. He's not very aggressive. I've read about some roos that take care of the hens. He seems to be one of those. Yesterday, he was digging/scratching and he made a noise. Three of the girls closest to him came running and he moved back while the girls took over the spot he'd been in. Everyone seems quite content. He stays close but isn't overprotective.

DSC00349.jpg

DSC00399.jpg

The first one looks like a red sexlink. White feathers in tail and speckled hackle feathers say that to me.

The second is a buff orp? A bit skinny but still got some girth to him. This one is a guess.

Quote:
Red Sex-Link would have been my guess. And it makes more sense since we have a roo that I am sure is a red sex-link.

DSC00327.jpg

Goldie

Quote:
I keep telling Dad that he's a buff, but Dad thinks the orps have the feathered legs even though I showed him pictures to the contrary. I showed him it's the cochins who have feathered legs. Blondie looks skinny in these pictures, I see that now. He's actually thicker than he looks in those pics.

Quote:
His legs are pinkish and his skin is kind os light tan. I looked on McMurray (my chicken bible for now) and the buff rocks have yellow legs. So I was right!
big_smile.png

Quote:
Oh am I embarrassed. I was told that he is a red six-link. Gosh, I don't know what I have anymore. Since I'm so lost, what might Goldie be?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom