what breed of chickens and what sex are these

danieljames2k16

Chirping
May 5, 2016

The white one almost looks to be starting saddle feathers but can't really tell. Also looks to have white feet but the comb doesn't look single. Kind of at a loss and think it's my eyes and picture playing tricks on me.

To aid your cause take a few more photos. If you can a side profile shot of each, head shot of the white one to show what type of comb and if the legs don't show up in profile picture take a shot of those for each. Also state the age of birds to your best ability.

White legs on the white bird makes me think Light Sussex but again the comb doesn't appear to be single. The other bird looks to have red in comb. If it's around 18 weeks then sure it could be a pullet. If under 16 weeks then there is no way it's female.

Age and few more photos will get this sorted out in no time.

I still can't tell the comb type. If it's a single comb, just take a look, then it's Light Sussex pullet. Need more photos on other bird for ID of breed. Again, take a look at the comb, if that single comb is as red as it looks to me then it's a cockerel. Can't say breed without more photos of it.

Back
Top Bottom