What breed?

Any idea what my hen is? She is huge with a huge comb and waddles. She had super huge feet as a chick. She is brown with black spots on her neck/back and on the tip of her tail. Similar to where Delewares have black. But unlike Delewares she is brown. Not a broiler already checked on that one. Got her in the farm store in the broiler bin. She was the one brown chick in the bin. We have no idea what she is, I was told to ask on here.

Any idea what my hen is? She is huge with a huge comb and waddles. She had super huge feet as a chick. She is brown with black spots on her neck/back and on the tip of her tail. Similar to where Delewares have black. But unlike Delewares she is brown. Not a broiler already checked on that one. Got her in the farm store in the broiler bin. She was the one brown chick in the bin. We have no idea what she is, I was told to ask on here.
Without a picture, it's impossible to tell what breed she may be.

Sorry I couldn't upload a photo before, my IPhone was being flaky so I had to upload photos to a computer and all that jazz. Here she is
here is her coloring

here she is next to one of our speckled sussexs

big comb and waddles

big comb again

She loves posing for the camera, don't know why.
hu.gif

Last edited:
I don't know, on all the photos I looked up I don't see the black on the neck. Do you think she could be a New Hampshire Red?

Production Red is the name for generic red birds. Generally, there is very little difference in hatchery Rhode Island Reds, Production Reds, and New Hampshires, other than a slight difference in the shade of red. They label the darker red birds Rhode Island Reds, the mid-toned birds as Production Reds, and the lightest ones get called New Hampshires.

Back
Top Bottom