What color are your cayuga eggs?

I know this is an old thread, but do anybody else's Cayugas lay pale green eggs consistently? My ducks just started laying-- the runners are laying white eggs like normal, but now I'm getting pale green, too! Presumably from my Cayuga girl, since my blue Swedish girl isn't old enough. I also got one or two dishwater colored eggs.

I am a bit disappointed. I was hoping for black! Or even grey.

My chocolate runner lays green eggs, similar to the ones in your picture. This whole time I thought it was my silver runner, because they are more likely to lay green than a chocolate is. Today when I was outside I saw my chocolate making a nest under my brusslesprout plant and sure enough- she laid a green egg in it! @Amiga once suggested putting a dab of food coloring on the vent of your duck at bedtime, so when she lays an egg, it would have some color on it, and you can identify which duck lays which colored egg.

My eggs are invisible because they haven't started laying yet :(. Am starting to think they may not lay this year but start in the spring.
I check their bedding daily and drain their pond once a week to see if anyone decided to lay in the water.

I know this is an old thread, but do anybody else's Cayugas lay pale green eggs consistently? My ducks just started laying-- the runners are laying white eggs like normal, but now I'm getting pale green, too! Presumably from my Cayuga girl, since my blue Swedish girl isn't old enough. I also got one or two dishwater colored eggs.

I am a bit disappointed. I was hoping for black! Or even grey.

My girls lays blue green eggs when she lays. They are almost the color of Easter egger chicken eggs.

I have gotten 4 Cayuga eggs from my newly laying hens. They have all been very white in color. They are a little dirty.

Attachments

• 15994795088956034461083625241758.jpg
    15994795088956034461083625241758.jpg
    308.1 KB · Views: 13

Back
Top Bottom