What color is this kitty cat?

This is probably really random, but will he be more likely to come home if there is another kitten there? They can smell their scents, right; and two kittens, I hear, is better than one! Sorry just a thought...

This is probably really random, but will he be more likely to come home if there is another kitten there? They can smell their scents, right; and two kittens, I hear, is better than one! Sorry just a thought...
I can't definitively answer that question, but considering cats are for the most part solitary and territorial animals, another cat may, in fact, deter the kitten from coming back. I currently have one male cat that will befriend kittens, but every other cat I've ever had chased other cats and kittens out of their "territory" (your house). Offering food outside or in a trap is your best bet.

I'm not sure about catching cats in live traps, but with mice, opossums, and raccoon I've always been taught to place the trap in the paths they walk. For these animals, this is against walls, parallel. I would figure cats would have the same rule, but again, I can't definitively say.

I can't definitively answer that question, but considering cats are for the most part solitary and territorial animals, another cat may, in fact, deter the kitten from coming back. I currently have one male cat that will befriend kittens, but every other cat I've ever had chased other cats and kittens out of their "territory" (your house). Offering food outside or in a trap is your best bet.

I'm not sure about catching cats in live traps, but with mice, opossums, and raccoon I've always been taught to place the trap in the paths they walk. For these animals, this is against walls, parallel. I would figure cats would have the same rule, but again, I can't definitively say.

X2. While he might like another kitten, if it is not one he knows it might scare him from coming home. Don't know about the live trap, but if he has been letting you approach him you might be better off putting out a bowl of food and water during the day and seeing if he comes. I would take it in at night as something else might eat it.
Good luck.

I haven't seen him, heard him, and he hasn't touched any food put outside. It's like he's really gone T-T Time to get traps, and set out the message... For some reason I'm already losing hope

I haven't seen him, heard him, and he hasn't touched any food put outside. It's like he's really gone T-T Time to get traps, and set out the message... For some reason I'm already losing hope

Unfortunately kittens can become prey to the same predators that get chickens.
We just rescued a kitten that someone had dumped. We put her in a shed with a litter box, food, water and bed until we could get her to the vet the next day for some tests, feline leukemia and aids, parasites, and a rabies shot and then we brought her inside.
Thankfully it was warm that night because I couldn't bring her in with the other cats until I knew she wasn't a health risk to them.
In my experience, an adult cat may wander for a few days, but kittens usually stay pretty close to home.

I set up a trap with tuna. He loves tuna, and I ran out of canned food right when he got lost... Now that I think about it, my parents said for me to call animal services to pick him up. I did twice. The first time nobody came. The second time they said they didn't pick up cats??? But maybe since the door was unfortunately unlocked, they came at night and took him? Nobody heard anything, but why would a kitten with a home and family decide to all of a sudden push open a door, walk out and not come back? I really need a cat or ferret as a friend, because I don't have friends and they are just the best pets to care for and snuggle with. Yes, I have experience with both. But I don't want to get a pet in a few weeks and have Cherish come home, and my mom will say I can only keep one of them-_-

Back
Top Bottom