What could this be

So sorry, it's never good news to have a bird with this. I have tried treating with antibiotics, I've never had one recover yet. Usually by the time you realize it's going on, it's been going on a while. I generally leave them with the flock until they are no longer doing normal chicken things and are obviously feeling unwell, then I don't let them suffer.
:hugs

So sorry, it's never good news to have a bird with this. I have tried treating with antibiotics, I've never had one recover yet. Usually by the time you realize it's going on, it's been going on a while. I generally leave them with the flock until they are no longer doing normal chicken things and are obviously feeling unwell, then I don't let them suffer.
:hugs
How do you take care of that situation, I never had to do it, but by the looks of things i dont think it is going to be long

I use a killing cone and tree loppers. This article covers it well, my choice was decided in much the same way as the writer of the article. I have loppers that are dedicated to only this purpose and are kept sharp (dull is not good). There are other ways, this one works for me, is quick, humane and goof proof. You can do it and walk away and come back when you've calmed down if necessary.
I'm so sorry.
https://www.muranochickenfarm.com/2017/06/the-easiest-way-to-cull-chicken.html

Back
Top Bottom