What did the feedstore sell me???? Any guesses???

SouthernChicka8

Chirping
7 Years
May 13, 2012
SOUTHERN TEXAS
I bought this chick at the feed store and was told it was a silver laced wyandotte chick, but now looking at it.. I dont think it is.

Ive had the chick for at least 2-3 weeks or more..The chick was solid black when I bought it.
It grew in on the end of his wings a white feather
But I researched the slw chicks and mine looked nothing like them.
It started to get some brown at the tips of the feathers.

Does anyone know what kind of chick this is? Would it be too soon to tell if its a roo or a pullet?

I really can't help much but I thought all Wyandottes had yellow legs like my white Wyandottes do. Maybe just my computer, but the legs in the OP look green? If they are, I think it would have to be an EE.

Last edited:
I have a SLW around the same age right now, and although she is feathering in mostly black as well, the shaft of the feather is white. I don't see that on yours, or an obvious rose comb. I think pp is right, you were mistakenly sold an australorp.

Australorps with brown on the feather tips? I have 2 Australorps I bought as 4 week olds but neither had the brown this one has. Im stumped on what this is.. I clearly know that its not a slw after I came home from the feedstore I did some googling and was quite disappointed lol.

Back
Top Bottom