What did you do in the garden today?

I think they reformulated the sharpies. I've been having trouble with the last lot I bought on other projects too.
===
This is where I left the hoop house at dusk last night.
There are no supports yet on the end that will secure it into the hoop configuration. Now it's more sloop than hoop. Let me tell you, wrestling those 16 footers alone was a chore.
Lumber yard today and maybe the restore for a salvaged door. I already have a window, but might spy for another, a sash style.View attachment 2994618
How far apart are your outside walls? How big is the walkway space ( width wise)? We are wanting to build a couple of raised beds and use cattle panels to make an arch overhead to grow vining type veggies on.
How tall approximately will the top of your arch be when it’s no longer sloopping?

12 feet front to back
9.5 wide and
16 foot hoop on top of that 20 inch wall (on the high end)
gives you about 7.3 feet at the high point of the hoop. i haven't measured it, but did calculate it.
The path is 40 inches. and the beds are 8 inches deep
the planting beds are only as wide as I can stretch to maintain them. SO 9.5 feet - 40 inches/2

What do you stick the letters on for the actual sign part? Plastic signs or something else?
Depends on what the signs are for.
The orchard trees are on wood, garden are on corregrated plastic sometimes on metal long staples.
OR I paint the top of the Tposts white and mark them with a paint pen to what is in the row.
I've also done on painted metal, like recycled/ faded no trespassing signs

How far apart are your outside walls? How big is the walkway space ( width wise)? We are wanting to build a couple of raised beds and use cattle panels to make an arch overhead to grow vining type veggies on.
How tall approximately will the top of your arch be when it’s no longer sloopping?
I found this chart helpful:
4d3d3b359dcb5f8dd5959b95317eec26.jpeg

I put up a hoop last fall between 2 raised beds, can't wait to grow my beans on it!
IMG_20211017_130839488.jpg
IMG_20211017_130920776.jpg

Back
Top Bottom