What did you do in the garden today?

Got the Marans and RIR chicks moved from wire bottom brooder to the big brooder on the ground.. discovering dust baths and running/flying around playin keep away for the first time.. fun to watch the bitties learning to be chickens..

Attachments

• BE97745D-143B-4F49-BCA8-5BCCF793A099.jpeg
    BE97745D-143B-4F49-BCA8-5BCCF793A099.jpeg
    588.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 491E0A09-B42A-442B-9DD3-63BB8119346B.jpeg
    491E0A09-B42A-442B-9DD3-63BB8119346B.jpeg
    883.5 KB · Views: 1
Finally got a top on the big rabbit hutch and moved the 4 Florida Whites out of the woodshed, they are much happier in the breeze and all are growing good..

Attachments

• F64C5505-3D4E-46D8-9501-30526CBF6383.jpeg
    F64C5505-3D4E-46D8-9501-30526CBF6383.jpeg
    879.7 KB · Views: 1
  • C8DCCEEC-2749-4DDB-B48F-93C77365E0DB.jpeg
    C8DCCEEC-2749-4DDB-B48F-93C77365E0DB.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 1
OH yes, we are far beyond that. It's going to take days for this crap to wear out of his system.
He is going to start immunotherapy in two weeks. I've only been begging doctors to help his with allergies for 20 years. I still can't get one to help me.
Tree pollen is so bad at the moment that when I came in I felt like my face had acid on it, it was on FIRE. A good washing and cool down with fresh water took care of most of it. My immune system is going crazy.
I feel for you guys. I did allergy shots for years & had to stop because I was having awful reactions to them. I do pretty well on my cocktail of 5 meds year round. I know you've been thru it all, but if you ever want to discuss it LMK.
I bought carpenter bee traps this year and they're already working like gangbusters!
Funny, I was going to ask about them today! We killed a couple hanging out at the coop, not that they can destroy it anymore than they have. I heard to use a paper bag stuffed full so it looks like a wasps nest - but I'd rather KILL the little b@$(&^%. I might have to order a couple of these.
You can have the grackles! I’ll pack their little bags and send them your way, Mochi is welcome to them all! They are rotten :rant
Ain't that the truth! The grackles suck. & my neighbors feed them all.

Speaking of, got a text from the neighbor that the bear was here last night, it knocked down her feeder that she usually takes in at night. Thankfully she left it out so it was too full to eat my chickens. :smack:rant:lau

I feel for you guys. I did allergy shots for years & had to stop because I was having awful reactions to them. I do pretty well on my cocktail of 5 meds year round. I know you've been thru it all, but if you ever want to discuss it LMK.

Funny, I was going to ask about them today! We killed a couple hanging out at the coop, not that they can destroy it anymore than they have. I heard to use a paper bag stuffed full so it looks like a wasps nest - but I'd rather KILL the little b@$(&^%. I might have to order a couple of these.

Ain't that the truth! The grackles suck. & my neighbors feed them all.

Speaking of, got a text from the neighbor that the bear was here last night, it knocked down her feeder that she usually takes in at night. Thankfully she left it out so it was too full to eat my chickens. :smack:rant:lau
That’s a positive outlook on bears if I ever read one lol

The news is reporting increased costs for fertilizer. Three countries are leading exporters of nutrients. Canada has truck shortage due to vaccine mandates, China quit exporting nutrients and Russia…well you know that story. So our food costs are going up even more.
I went to BJs yesterday to pick up some more chicken before prices go up or it's just not around - too late! It went up 30 cents & there was only 3 packages of breasts (I took them all, & 3 thighs, lol). But I was so surprised to see bare shelves & notices posted about shortages all over. No butter, no frozen veggies, no frozen fish, no milk products. Plenty of toilet paper though. :lau But at double the price it used to be & in smaller packages. I am afraid to see what the price of heating oil will be - I have heard talk of over $6 a gallon is likely this fall. :thI feel bad for people on limited incomes, this has to be tough. Never thought I'd say it, but glad I have a few more years before retiring! I almost fainted when I checked my retirement accounts yesterday.

The news is reporting increased costs for fertilizer. Three countries are leading exporters of nutrients. Canada has truck shortage due to vaccine mandates, China quit exporting nutrients and Russia…well you know that story. So our food costs are going up even more.
You know...there are a lot of cattle farmers and poultry houses in the US. I don't understand why....with all that poop....we can't simply make our own fertilizer? We don't need to import it.

I went to BJs yesterday to pick up some more chicken before prices go up or it's just not around - too late! It went up 30 cents & there was only 3 packages of breasts (I took them all, & 3 thighs, lol). But I was so surprised to see bare shelves & notices posted about shortages all over. No butter, no frozen veggies, no frozen fish, no milk products. Plenty of toilet paper though. :lau But at double the price it used to be & in smaller packages. I am afraid to see what the price of heating oil will be - I have heard talk of over $6 a gallon is likely this fall. :thI feel bad for people on limited incomes, this has to be tough. Never thought I'd say it, but glad I have a few more years before retiring! I almost fainted when I checked my retirement accounts yesterday.
Yeah, I got a statement for my retirement accounts the other day, it’s scary.

I have been checking Amazon fresh while I shop at the grocery for price comparison. If it’s cheaper on Amazon and I don’t need it immediately then I add it to my list there and have it delivered. Saves on my time and fuel driving to other stores looking for stuff. So far it has been hit or miss on a lot of things here. The frozen breakfast sandwiches hubs likes can be hard to find so we stock up when we can. Also chicken thighs, the boneless skinless are really scarce right now. Hubs bought three family packs when he found the brand he likes. I stocked up on flour, sugar, and yeast and put it in my small chest freezer too. We’ll have plenty of bread and pancakes anyway!

Back
Top Bottom