What did you do in the garden today?

What is your neighbor spraying on the other side of the fence that drifted through, is my first thought.
So I've been searching the net trying to figure out what is up with the grapes and raspberries. I came across a photo someone posted that looks very similar to the leaf curl I'm seeing. In that case, the response was it looked like herbicide damage caused by Glyphosate (Round-up). I'm certain the neighbor (medical clinic) is not spraying herbicide. HOWEVER, I know the city goes along the road and sprays herbicide along the curb. I noticed today that it looks like they sprayed recently. The morons can CLEARLY see my garden there... Not saying they did it but I am saying it is possible drift if they did. The good news is the response said it should recover if protected from further spray. I'm going to have to have a word with the city.... Again.

I wasn’t sure about planting a garden this year. Nothing (old seeds) germinating made the decision for me. It’s a good thing because I’ve been dealing with stupid drama, and got in trouble for being outside mowing. Stupid drama might be too mild. 🤔
The push mower is fixed after several years, so the mowing on the hills is done properly. :yesss:
I have two yellow rose trees at the front door, and a new aloe plant since my old one froze to death. I did grab a package of Roma seeds to plant right outside the door. It’s better than nothing.

Yeah, he only pulled it onto a ramp here. It was cutting fine until now. Fortunately, I still have the old blades and a sharpener. It should be fixed one way or another next week.
The blade is still MIA. The bolt simply broke, and I can’t find the tool to get it off. Tomorrow the deck is going to the lumber/hardware store, and hopefully they can find a tool to get the old bolt out. 20CA4EB4-F7F9-4BB9-BCE8-3D92DC08D626.jpeg

I wasn’t sure about planting a garden this year. Nothing (old seeds) germinating made the decision for me. It’s a good thing because I’ve been dealing with stupid drama, and got in trouble for being outside mowing. Stupid drama might be too mild. 🤔
The push mower is fixed after several years, so the mowing on the hills is done properly. :yesss:
I have two yellow rose trees at the front door, and a new aloe plant since my old one froze to death. I did grab a package of Roma seeds to plant right outside the door. It’s better than nothing.
Sorry to hear you are dealing with stupid drama. Humans are the worst.

They are 18 and 20 years old so no excuse for their half-@$$ efforts.
Laugh? Or Cry? I'm right there too.

Not sure why they aren't opening up?
yup - looks like herbicide damage. If it was at all windy, then yes, you'll get overspray. And if they are supposed to spray on a particular day, then they (the workers) probably dont care too much about how windy it is. We experience this bc a farm field right behind us. Currently waiting for them to spray herbicide, so we can plant our starts after they spray the current weeds.

got in trouble for being outside mowing
In trouble for mowing??!! Or in trouble for being outside??!! Either way, sorry for the drama.

Haven't gone outside to the garden yet! Had to drive kid to a sport event 2 hours away, wait for 4 hours, then drive 2 hours back. It was a skills clinic, so not a game or anything like that.

Possible storms/ wind/hail tonight. Just depends on the track. But it should cool off a bit. It is 89F right now - at nearly 6pm!! According to my weather app. (but the other one says 82F).

At least I got all the dried manure spread out yesterday - tilled into the big beds, but just distributed to the raised beds. I'll have to mix that in later this week.

Off to go check the garden.

Saturday we should have gotten rain, but didn't. Maybe some tonight? So I spent about and hour and a half watering the garden.

Seven potatoes have sprouted! Also had our first bit of asparagus with dinner.

My saved Amish Paste tomato seeds have the best sprouting average. Again. I think they like it here.

Back
Top Bottom